PDA

View Full Version : Hub'Air Aviation Academy

kipo
10th Apr 2006, 10:28
Hello I looking for informations on school HUB' AIR in Belgium for ATPL Theoric by distance courses
Pourcentage of success level of school etc........

EI-Shamrock
24th Jul 2006, 08:36
I'm looking for information and feedback about Hub'Air Flight Training. What are the opinions of those who have trained there on the ab-initio Integrated Airline Pilot Training Course? What is the cost of living like in Belgium (accomodation)? How much would you spend on food and beverages per month in both Cannes and Brussels? How much do the extras such as landing fees, exam fees, etc., add up to? I've done a search but most results are just about type ratings at Hub'Air.

Best Regards,
EI-Shamrock

EI-Shamrock
13th Aug 2006, 16:27
Anyone??? :confused:

elkrikkos
13th Aug 2006, 17:27
Hi,

Donīt have an answer to your question, however I suggest you post the question on http://www.piloten.be/phpbb/ (belgian aviation forum) and Iīm sure somebody will help you further...

njptvr
8th Sep 2006, 19:08
Hey All
Found this company...
http://www.hubair.net/courses/abinitio_prices.htm
on the net today. Affiliated with Bond Aviation for Bond's MCC courses and Hub'Air also seem to offer Ab to ATPL courses with a type rating for a remarkably reasonable price!
Opinions?
Thanks as always. NJP

scroggs
9th Sep 2006, 08:55
More info here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217838). Search (or Google Advanced Search) is very effective - if you use it.

Scroggs

njptvr
9th Sep 2006, 09:06
Opps. Sorry for creating you work Scroggs! Tried the search and didnt get anything, clearly not hard enough! :(

scroggs
9th Sep 2006, 09:39
No problem. When you search, try more than one forum - for a TRTO it's sensible to try Wannabes - Interviews, Jobs and Sponsorships and Terms and Endearments in your search. To search more than one forum, use 'ctrl+left-click' to add forums to the search (in Advanced Search). For searches for TLAs or any three-letter words (which Pprune Search will not pick up), go to Google Advanced Search, enter your search term and restrict the search to 'Term in Page Titles Only' and the domain to www.pprune.org, and Google will then search Pprune for you - including all the archives. I'm sure similar results can be had from Yahoo, MSN or AOL.

Scroggs

Mousty on Final
20th Sep 2006, 20:32
Hello gentlemen

I saw on the Hub air website that they can organise a type rating 737 classic + NG and then a Line training with astraeus or corendon with max 100 Hrs on type.
Did somebody made, already, this training or did you heard somebody that has followed this training. Are the training professional and the school respect the terms of the contract?

I'm well interested but know nothing about this school.

Please guys give me some Feedback 'cause it isn't the price of a candy bag.

Schuzz

lacoste
8th Oct 2006, 19:46
I'm looking for information about Hubair. Especially about their integrated atpl course. It looks very nice. Please share your experience..

JB LFPN FLYER
29th Nov 2006, 18:03
Hello ,
I would like to know if any of you did his flight training ( CPL IR MEP ) in Hub'airhttp://www.hubair.be/index.htm FTO ( Belgium ) . They do also offer a B737 CL + NG type rating and a 100 Hours line training . How's the Type rating ?
I'm actually looking for a serious FTO to go to make my practical into .
I'm just gonna ad that I already hold a FAA CPL IR MEP with almost 300 Hours actually so I'm not a brand new pilot but not so old yet :cool:
Thank you
Best Regards
JB

JB LFPN FLYER
30th Nov 2006, 13:54
:rolleyes: Well we're all waiting for someone that went there but no answers :sad:

9gmax
30th Nov 2006, 21:06
Gents,
I strongly suggest you just call them at Hub Air and ask them some hard proof references. The fact that nobody has been answering your queries surprises me a bit, if someone did his/her training and was happy about the service offered, I would expect them to give you feedback... this silence is a bit strange... on the other hand, somebody that is not pleased at all would also be expected to give feedback...
Being part time employed in a training center in Brussels and Amsterdam (not Hub Air) I can only give the feedback heard first hand from (3) ex Hub Air students, all of them being very disappointed about promises that did not materialise. They did not finish the training, and lost money....
I'm sure you should be able to find students that are very pleased about what they got at Hub Air...(though I have not met any yet..)
Call Hub Air, play open card with them, if not pleased about their answer, check other training organisations like CAE or Sabena Flight Academy or NLS
(I know that they do B737 trainings..)
rgds

ecam actions 320
7th Dec 2006, 18:36
HI Guys,

I am a fromer student of HubAir.
I did my frozen ATPL as an integrated student.
I finished my formation in feb 2004 .

All I can say is that I get there at the end of 2002, I wanted a good, rapid and cheap formation.
And thatīs exactly what I get.

Of course I had some complains about the organisation but in general, the atmosphere was really good, I have had a really good time there.

When I arrived there, I had never fly an aircaft ever before, and I fly now the Airbus 320.

So for me, they made their job !!

Any questions, just ask.

Fly safe.....

Ecam.

HeadofHubair
30th Dec 2006, 17:20
Dear Sir,
I can only recommend you to contact us ([email protected]) to have all the information you need. It is true that we are stopping sometimes up to 40% of our students . Of course, they don't feel happy but we prefer to stop students who are not suitable for the job and avoid that they spend money in this business. So, I understand they some people complains but we want to point out that student don't pay what they don't do and they are always stopped as early as possible to avoid such loss.
For the type rating, we sell type training and not type rating, wich means that we train you but you can not buy the rating , you have to proof to an examiner that you have the level as opposed to many training center.
I wish you an happy new year 2007 and good chance in your quest for a school.

PS: thanks to pprune to let us answer to this question.

BClouds
5th Sep 2007, 18:44
Any feedback about hub'air??
Plus i wish to know:

Does Hub'air Ab-initio program consists ONLY of distance learning?

despegue
5th Sep 2007, 22:59
To "HeadofHubair"

Dear Captain Brocart,

We in Belgium have indeed a very good level of training, both ab-initio as in the airlines.
However, what we sometimes ignore is the patience and pedagogic skills to lead students to success, which explains your 40%. I am dead certain that I could teach most of these "stopped" cadets how to proper fly and manage a B737. Patience is key however.

I do agree however to stop anyone who doesn't have the right mentality or discipline.