PDA

View Full Version : Initial Tests - London August 17th

gconatyuk
23rd Jul 2006, 22:02
Just wondering if there is anyone booked on the initial testing session due to be held in London on August 17th. I booked mine last week. Fingers crossed.

firstforfirstchoice
24th Jul 2006, 16:02
Hi,

Yeah I am booked for the initial testing in London on 17th August. Applied last Wednesday and booked the test date later last week.

Looking forward to the day.

Can anyone give me some information about the day, e.g. what is the process of the day, what happens, is there anything specific that needs to be looked at before the day and what to bring, they have told me to bring ID, such as passport, but anything else??

Sorry to mention so much, but I want to be prepared for the day, so would appreciate some replies, if anyone can help with my above questions.

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers, :ok: :ok:

mattridley
24th Jul 2006, 18:47
I hope you have fun on your selection day, it can be a bit gruelling but its kinda good fun.

You'll start off with a breif introduction from whoever is running the day first, then be split into 4 groups (was 3 at mine as wernt too many there but same idea). Two groups will do the motivation and reasoning tests in the morning, and the other two will sit personality / learning style questionaires and watch dvds / speak with an ATCO (we had no ATCO :() and then swap round in the afternoon.

Motivation paper is based on that info they give you, but there are some other questions like speed, distance time type things (remember both planes are flying - one isn't standing still ;), few questions i thought you might not get from it so do a bit of background research to be sure of good marks.

Other reasoning tests such as numerical computation, diagramming, spatial reasoning etc are also given (4 in total i think) to test how your brain works basically! You don't have much time to complete these in, you are not really supposed to finish all of the questions anyway - the idea is to put you under pressure. You can find some examples on www.shlgroup.com

Day scheduled to finish at 5 but ours finished about 3.30, depends how quickly they move on and give for lunch etc, should have an hour but we had 30 mins because not much point wasting time doing nothing!

Hope this helps and good luck!