PDA

View Full Version : GB Airways Interview

Marvo
23rd Jul 2006, 09:31
Has anyone got a GB Airways interview coming up soon ? ...

sicky
23rd Jul 2006, 13:00
For their cadet scheme?

Marvo
24th Jul 2006, 08:42
For the cadet scheme

sicky
24th Jul 2006, 17:00
Heard nothing back from the cadet scheme as of yet. :ouch:

New FO
24th Jul 2006, 18:31
Is there a GB cadet scheme? Nothing on the internet, unless I'm being blind?

sicky
24th Jul 2006, 20:44
Yeah via FTE. Took the banner off their site yesterday which suggests it is now closed for applicants

Mister-Sheep
26th Jul 2006, 11:15
Yeah it is closed now, i've not heard back yet either but I suspect we will do very soon. I have to say I thought it was a very unusual application form, only asking about two GCSE grades... how bizare!

Major Cleve Saville
28th Jul 2006, 14:31
Mister Sheep,
It is, these days, a very bizarre company, run by some very bizarre people.
Did the application form ask about GCSE English?

johnrizzo2000
28th Jul 2006, 19:26
Did anybody hear back from FTE/GB? I got invited to pahse 3! What does that involve? What are the chances of getting a job out of it? I'll have to decided whether or not to travel over to london !

approach320
28th Jul 2006, 19:39
Anybody has an idea of how many people are they calling to the next phases??

Mister-Sheep
29th Jul 2006, 00:04
Mister Sheep,
It is, these days, a very bizarre company, run by some very bizarre people.
Did the application form ask about GCSE English?

Yeah English and maths grades

Mister-Sheep
29th Jul 2006, 00:09
Did anybody hear back from FTE/GB? I got invited to pahse 3! What does that involve? What are the chances of getting a job out of it? I'll have to decided whether or not to travel over to london !

How can you get invited to phase 3 when havent even done phase 2 yet? So you have had a reply saying you are through? i havent heard back from them and I am ID no.4.

Chances are its a pilapt test + maybe maths. theyll prob have an additional stage after this for team work exercises and interviews etc.

TruTh747
31st Jul 2006, 10:25
Mister give them a call and carmen will help you!

Ok now i am off to prepare for stage 3!.....

Mister-Sheep
31st Jul 2006, 15:19
They phoned me today im through to phase 3 too. Which day are you going on? Ill be there on the morning of the 10th aug

Mister-Sheep

Tercel
1st Aug 2006, 10:18
I have an interview coming up for the direct entry pilot scheme at GB, does anybody have any information on what to expect on Days 1 and 2??

I have been unable to find anything about the structure of Day 1 or what to expect in the Sim on Day 2...

Can anyone help?

:confused:

sicky
2nd Aug 2006, 19:37
Phase 3 here i come! I'm there at 13:15 on wed 9th August. Is anybody else joining me?

Does anybody have a hint of what might be involved? I'm going to practice my mental maths and read up on the industry and the company. Don't think i could do much more really :8

sicky
6th Aug 2006, 21:03
I just re-read the email as i'm getting myself prepared, but i have no idea what to expect.

Can anybody offer an idea of what might be invovled?

The email says "invited for further testing" or something along those lines. I for some reason had it in my head that there wouldbe interviews, and no doubt there will be maths and pilapt tests.

I havesearched but not ofund anything significant related to GB Airways.
Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Ballistic
9th Aug 2006, 21:56
Sicky,

I'm heading out to GB Airways assessment tomorrow 10th August for the afternoon slot just as you have done. Any pointers for the day or any information with regards to the flow of things would be appreciated.

What should I expect on the test, how many cadets are they looking to take on etc

kazmik
15th Aug 2006, 05:58
Anybody that went for the phase 3 interviews heard anything yet ? I was there on the 9th and havent got anything back yet.

I was also wondering if anybody knows how many applicants we are talking about at phase 3, so basically what are our chances?

Ballistic
15th Aug 2006, 09:48
Kazmik,
I haven't heard anything as yet. I was told it would be midweek, and if you don't hear from them by then it means that they are having trouble selecting the right applicants.
As for chances of getting in, it totally depends on your own performance. I was told that if majority of the applicants do not meet the criteris then only those that do would be put forward to the airline.
So, it's just a waiting game now

Mister-Sheep
15th Aug 2006, 12:27
I just got a phone call from GB airways. Im through to the next stage yay!:)

Mister-Sheep

Spooled
15th Aug 2006, 13:44
Well done Mister-Sheep!

I got a phone call from GB this morning, and am through to phase 4(?) aswell. Will see you there.

Yipeeee!:D

sicky
15th Aug 2006, 13:52
Nothing for me yet :{

kazmik
15th Aug 2006, 14:30
I've just recieved the call too... through to stage 4 http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
:)

See you guys next week...

kazmik
15th Aug 2006, 14:39
and by the way... got some good news for all you guys, I asked them on the phone abou the number of people going to the phase 4 interview.

There is 24 of us all together and 10 will be chosen for the scheme, so the odds are starting to look ok now for all of us. Good luck to everyone!!

Ballistic
15th Aug 2006, 15:37
I got a missed call from GB Airways. Around 14.30ish. Not sure what to make of it. I couldn't forward my calls to voice mail for some reason. Would anyone happen to have the number from which the call was recevied? Just want to verify against that on my phone. See if it is good news or not :)

moogleman
15th Aug 2006, 15:50
Ballistic,

Check your PM's.

MM

sicky
15th Aug 2006, 23:23
i've still heard nothing :{

I just know it was my interview :ugh::{

i'm so annoyed with myself

Ballistic
24th Aug 2006, 15:00
I got a missed call from GB Airways. I'm unable to get a hold of anyone. Seems as though they're busy with something. Did anyone else get a call? What was it about?

kazmik
25th Aug 2006, 06:18
I recieved my call from Gail yesterday and she congratulated me on having a place offered on the course.
So Ballistic, I would be pretty happy about that missed call you got. Let me know when you know more.

Good Luck

rogueflyer01
25th Aug 2006, 08:54
good luck guys and well done.

Unfortunately i did not progress beyond stage 3. Upon reflection I am happy now i did not get in because the whole process was handled badly by FTE. For the guys that progressed through the stages it was ok but for the guys that were rejected, FTE kept us hanging on for a couple of weeks (biting our nails) even tough we knew via pprune others have got through.

I just hope this is not how they handle their other courses and so i am off to Oxford to try for the Excel scheme. At least they let you know whats what and seem to be professional in their methods...

:ok: