PDA

View Full Version : Air Scotland

IB4138
23rd Jul 2006, 08:03
This morning, Air Scotland claim to have "rescheduled" their flights on the "W" operation GLA-AGP-MAN-AGP-GLA operation. GRE 2711 was due to depart GLA at 05.40....it´s still on the ground and it´s 09.00! Passengers are only finding out about this "reschedule" after check in. The airline claim it is not a delay.

What a disgrace.:mad: :mad:

Now airborne at 09.21 from GLA.

Looks like a clear attempt not to provide any form of refreshments or compensation.

IB4138
24th Jul 2006, 05:58
The AGP-MAN leg had just 16 pax and only one member of cabin crew who could speak a little English.

IB4138
30th Jul 2006, 15:29
A week later and nothing has changed for the aircraft flying the GLA-AGP-MAN-AGP-GLA "W" pattern for this airline today.

6 hours down on this rotation. More claims of reschduled flight times.

People need to beware of these Greeks wearing kilts!!!! :mad:

Totally unreliable and economical with the truth.

malagajohn
31st Jul 2006, 06:39
A week later and nothing has changed for the aircraft flying the GLA-AGP-MAN-AGP-GLA "W" pattern for this airline today.

6 hours down on this rotation. More claims of reschduled flight times.

People need to beware of these Greeks wearing kilts!!!! :mad:

Totally unreliable and economical with the truth.

Greeks or Catalans????

IB4138
31st Jul 2006, 07:36
Greece Airlines trading as Air Scotland.

Greek registerd aircraft and Greek crews.

The Monday flight GLA-ATH always leaves on time though.:hmm:

malagajohn
31st Jul 2006, 08:56
Greece Airlines trading as Air Scotland.
Greek registerd aircraft and Greek crews.
The Monday flight GLA-ATH always leaves on time though.:hmm:

But who are the real owners?

TG345
5th Aug 2006, 09:25
I have some friends out here at AGP on holiday at present, and they have this week received an email from Air Scotland advising them of the cancellation of their return flight to MAN on 27th August.
The email has no apparent reference to what the airline proposes to do to get them home, and calls to the "customer service" number back in the UK are constantly met with an engaged tone.
A quite appaling situation as they are now faced with the choice of going to Malaga Airport on the date and seeing what happens - not appealing as they have two young children, one of whom is disabled, or trying to come up with a large sum for alternative flights.
A little web research reveals that Air Scotland is exempt from the requirement of an ATOL licence as the parent company is Greek. Does anyone know whether Air Scotland are likely to help these people in any way?

chris7reid
9th Aug 2006, 15:05
Air scotland r a joke, we were meant to fly with them from Belfast to Gerona, 2nd Sept, with daytime flight times.

Just got a letter saying due to the fact they are a plane down they have rescheduled the flight to 3rd Sept at 7pm-ish and now our return flight is at midnight. We have an 1yo infant going with us. so we cancelled and have to pay more to go on 1st Sept to Barcelona instead with Jet2.

TOTAL :mad: JOKE, DONT FLY AIR-SCOTLAND or GREECE AIRWAYS or whoever the hell they call themselves.

IB4138
9th Aug 2006, 15:38
TG345

Try phoning their "travel partner", Sunways Holidays 0870 241 6162 and see what they have to say.

The MAN service appears to have cease after the flight on the 13th August if you try booking flights, although their schedule doesn't show this.

CANCEL THE ABOVE CONTACT DETAIL

I have obtained a phone number for Air Scotland 041 222 2363 Fax 0141 222 2362

There is also a strange email address [email protected]

Good luck, as the phone gets hung up after one ring!

PM me and let me know the outcome.

wub
10th Aug 2006, 11:48
Air Scotland have sold their 757 and it is now being operated by Jet2
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5788055

Cyrano
10th Aug 2006, 12:56
Air Scotland have sold their 757

Actually, they didn't own it, it was on lease - the lessor officially took it back in late April.

Brgds
C.

wub
10th Aug 2006, 14:56
Actually, they didn't own it, it was on lease - the lessor officially took it back in late April.
Brgds
C.
Thanks for the correction. The point I was making is that since the 757 was their 'fleet' , according to their web site, how do they propose to operate passenger services without it?

Cyrano
10th Aug 2006, 15:06
Mmm, fair point, wub... :)

According to ACAS, since June 16 their fleet consists of a single 1989 A320 (SX-BLX, MSN 0029) leased from SALE (picture (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1068794/M)).

I guess they're too busy delighting their passengers :hmm: to update the website.

C.