PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Filipino in CX?

Jett77
20th Jul 2006, 08:36
I was just wondering if CX has any Filipino pilot(s) on working for them currently or has there been ANY at all? The reason for my question is that I'm a Filipino and only on my 1st interview (CCP),yet I can't help but get excited by the thought of me being the 1st Filipino Pilot for CX. :D Thanks for any info that might be of any help.

thrust clb
20th Jul 2006, 09:16
A few months ago..flying to Manila i overheard a very Filipino accented voice using "cathay 110" request direct ZAM to MUMOT with Manila Control. When the request was granted, he replied with " Maraming Salamat, Kabayan". So there, at least ONE Filipino with CX.:ok: :ok:

airbus2boeing
20th Jul 2006, 12:29
A few months ago..flying to Manila i overheard a very Filipino accented voice using "cathay 110" request direct ZAM to MUMOT with Manila Control. When the request was granted, he replied with " Maraming Salamat, Kabayan". So there, at least ONE Filipino with CX.:ok: :ok:

That Filipino is flying Air Hong Kong airplane, they are using CX callsign as well. But there's one Filipino/Canadian that is currently working for Cathay.

Cpt. Underpants
20th Jul 2006, 13:52
That Philippino is an Indonesian (mainline guy). One Philippino in Air Hong Kong.

HotDog
20th Jul 2006, 14:00
During my years in CX, the only Philipino tech aircrew we had was a flight engineer who subsequently retired as a highly thought of ground engineer. However there were many hundreds of gorgeous Philipina cabin crew; I nearly married one myself.:ok:

cpdude
20th Jul 2006, 14:33
There is a Filipino EVERYWHERE!:)

Jett77
20th Jul 2006, 16:10
So I can still be the 1st PURE Filipino for CX, I just have to get thru my 2nd interview and 3rd :8 . Thanks guys for the much appriciated info!

sizematters
21st Jul 2006, 03:13
lots of fillipino's visit CX City every night and do what they do best...................................

keep the boys happy !!!!

airbus2boeing
21st Jul 2006, 04:24
lots of fillipino's visit CX City every night and do what they do best...................................

keep the boys happy !!!!

You're such a DOUCHEBAG!:=

Freehills
21st Jul 2006, 10:16
keep the boys happy !!!!

Not that there is anything wrong with it, but surprised about so much gayness at CX city. Or do you mean fillipina's?

junior_man
21st Jul 2006, 14:39
Somebody been flying the N11 bus home lately?

Traffic
21st Jul 2006, 14:57
I think Hotdog may have been referring to Ray Racella who was an F/E with Cathay on the DC6/6B and Electra.

As far as I know he was the first Asian flight deck crew employed by Cathay。He joined in either 1959 or 1960.

Ray had fought the Japanese with the Filipino resistance after that egomaniac McCarthur abandoned them. He survived that to marry Minola and eventually make it to Cathay.

They had many children as well as access to a lovely house in Baguio, which I had the privilege of visiting when I was a lad.

If Ray can do it...why not more?

woblewomble
21st Jul 2006, 15:59
Aussie pilots . What is the difference between us and the Phiiopina maid who works for you look at the % more she makes against the % more most of us made in Aus. We are both here for the same reason and money.

Kitsune
21st Jul 2006, 16:35
Probably that, as she may have a degree...she can spell a damned sight better.......:rolleyes:

thrust clb
21st Jul 2006, 20:52
A filipino is going through ground school right now, but whats the big deal. You cant swing a dead cat in cx city without hitting one anyway.. :ugh:

- The BIG DEAL is out of the literally HUNDREDS of qualified (currently flying jets) Pilots in the Philippines (myself included), who has applied with CX..Jett77 would probably be one of the three or four who are actually INTERVIEWED.

Good luck to you Jett77!:ok:

Cpt. Underpants
21st Jul 2006, 23:41
- The BIG DEAL is out of the literally HUNDREDS of qualified (currently flying jets) Pilots in the Philippines (myself included), who has applied with CX..Jett77 would probably be one of the three or four who are actually INTERVIEWED.

...Because some of your ex-PAL mates have taken COMMAND (yes, LEFT seat) jobs at Air Hong Kong for USD4000/month - gross. Thank them for setting the standard (once again) for what CX feel they need to pay folks from the P.I.

HotDog
22nd Jul 2006, 15:37
Well, what do you expect with GO in charge?:yuk:

thrust clb
23rd Jul 2006, 11:17
...Because some of your ex-PAL mates have taken COMMAND (yes, LEFT seat) jobs at Air Hong Kong for USD4000/month - gross. Thank them for setting the standard (once again) for what CX feel they need to pay folks from the P.I.

So you presume all Captains in Air Hongkong are Filipinos? :=

dekka007
23rd Jul 2006, 11:34
USD4000/month

err...I dont't know of any AHK Captains who earn that a month I think your information is inaccurate.

From my very limited knowledge on AHK the command salary is 60k+ a year plus an hourly rate of over $40 per hour + other allowances. I would estimate that at around 7k-8.5k a month at a rough calculation on a average month.

How did they get to the 4000 per month figure - someone is telling porkies :)

An FO gets around 4k-5k a month at AHK.

Although I could be wrong but I dont think so.