PDA

View Full Version : Sunni's asking US Troops to stay?

SASless
20th Jul 2006, 02:19
According to the New York Times, Sunni Leaders in Iraq are asking that US Troops stay to protect them from Shia reprisals. Is this for real? That would be a complete reversal of position. Has someone slipped something into my Kool Aid?

The New York Times reported Monday that senior Sunni officials have reversed their position on the U.S. withdrawal of troops from Iraq. Where the Sunnis previously had demanded the immediate withdrawal of the Americans, they now have asked that U.S. troops stay in Iraq. The reason is to protect them from Shia: Shiite militias have been conducting extensive attacks against Sunnis since the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Rather than reining in activities in response to his death, they have continued and even increased the tempo of operations against the Sunnis.

BEagle
20th Jul 2006, 06:43
"Yo Blair"
"Hello, lovely Georgey. Can I lick your bottom please?"
"Uhh, later, Blair. Hey, guess what, they say that 'Sunni and Shia' are back together agin'. Remember thuh song, 'I Got You Babe'? Used ta' play that all the time back when I was a kid on ma pappy's ranch......"
"Err, no, your loveliness. That was 'Sonny and Cher' - these are religious factions in....."
"Hey, now, don't go usin' bad language, Blair. Now git down an' give me 20 licks!"
"Of course. Anything you desire, your gorgeousness....:p :p!!"

movadinkampa747
20th Jul 2006, 15:57
"You see, the ... thing is what they need to do is to get the Shia leaders, to get Shiite militias to stop doing this **** and it’s over."

Hmmmmmmm where have you heard something similar recently?:bored: