PDA

View Full Version : V22 Osprey Video

Garfs
18th Jul 2006, 19:53
Not sure if this has been posted here before.

http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircraft_Bell-Boeing-Vertol_V-22_Osprey-Airline_Untitled_Aviation_Video-6669.html

Quite Impressive I thought

Garfs

HOSS 1
18th Jul 2006, 19:56
Hey, for such a great aircraft, could someone explain why there's only ONE V-22 at Farnbrough this week? Sure glad it wasn't anthing more than a dog & pony mission...

TiPwEiGhT
18th Jul 2006, 20:46
What exactly happens if one of the donks stops? Can the V-22 autorotate?

TiP
:confused:

Encyclo
18th Jul 2006, 22:58
There are two V-22s in Farnborough this week; one is on the static area as you come in to the show grounds with the rest of the Textron family (Bell 407, Bell 430, EZ Go golf cart, Citation XLS and CJ3 and Caravan). The other usually does at least two flights a day; one with customers or media in the morning and one as part of the airshow in the afternoon.
Very impressive flight demo:eek: :D :ok:

Flingwing207
19th Jul 2006, 02:48
What exactly happens if one of the donks stops? Can the V-22 autorotate?
TiP
:confused:The engines are cross-connected - either engine can drive both prop-rotors. Not sure what hover capability the aircraft has in that configuration, but I'm sure it can fly away fine in airplane mode.

IFMU
19th Jul 2006, 10:34
The engines are cross-connected - either engine can drive both prop-rotors. Not sure what hover capability the aircraft has in that configuration, but I'm sure it can fly away fine in airplane mode.
I'm still curious about TiP's question. Can it auto? If both donks stop, what are your options? Does it land like a FW?

-- IFMU