PDA

View Full Version : What d'ye want?

Gordon Brown
17th Jul 2006, 21:34
Now, I'm in a jolly mood.

The missus and I are celebrating the birth of our laddie, Prescott McLevy.

And wee Tony has finally promised me that he's off at the Party Conference.

So Laddies and Lasses, what d'ye want me to provide for y'wee flying outfits? Money's nae object, after all, I've taken enough off ye nasty middle classes in the last 9 years.

I've got loads of money to spend, and I think it's time I spent it on the military. D'ye ken?

WE Branch Fanatic
17th Jul 2006, 21:36
I heard that your baby was eight pounds. Was that with or without VAT?

Dundiggin'
12th Aug 2006, 14:33
Well Jocko me boyo.....

We could start with two Sqns of new SUPER Pumas :cool: so that we can stop p@ssing around with two Sqns of very old 11K hour Mk1 Pumas........ and can we go to war tax free please - you tight wad......:= :=

The Helpful Stacker
12th Aug 2006, 16:48
Any chance of actually getting some spares at depots (and even more importantly, a units) rather than this 'just in time' rubbish. It causes no end of grief for my beloved trade.

Could be the last?
12th Aug 2006, 17:06
Yours and your boss's resignation please:D

and drag 2 Jags with you on your way out!!

A2QFI
12th Aug 2006, 18:08
Joint suicide pact would be better value - we could save on their obscene pensions.

Dundiggin'
26th Aug 2006, 08:15
Dear Jocko,
I've just read in JDW 16 Aug page 13 that a possible solution to the SH shortage is to lease battlefield helicopters under civil owned/military-registered (COMR) provision.
The options are EC 225 Super Puma, AW 139 or the NH 90.
I don't know much about the last two, but the preferred option from the operators is the two Sqns of Super Puma option - then we may at least be able to hold our heads up in the hope that you do actually listen to other people's viewpoint...................and we could do an even better job with slightly more.

That would make us very happy and we may even send you a Christmas Card!

airborne_artist
26th Aug 2006, 09:13
How about funding properly (and so manning) what we have today, for starters.

Then have a moratiorium on further armed adventures out East until we've finished what we have started in the current theatres.

Ironically the SH force is probably too stretched to be able to introduce new kit for a while.

Roguedent
26th Aug 2006, 17:48
Can we hire a big bunch of thugs so we can all have a jolly good break, say 10 years on full pay!:D

glum
26th Aug 2006, 23:47
Have a jolly good think about our foreign policy, and ask yourself if what we're doing is REALLY defending the realm? Cuz we ain't big enough to do much more.

Failing us all coming home, how about some new transport aircraft with a full, up to date DAS? And some decent terminals for the guys and girls too-ing and fro-ing?

How about some armoured vehicals able to withstand roadside IED's?

How about some close support aircraft that work when hot and high?

RubiC Cube
27th Aug 2006, 07:37
Oh Gordon, what banter! We all know that you are an isolationist at heart and will not pursue Tony's foreign adventures should you get into No 10. I bet you are already looking at the savings to be made from further decimating the miltary so that you can spend it on your private fiefdom north of the border. Maybe you will try to appease the Nationalists by maintaining the Moray Air Force (for a short while). If so, could I suggest that you stop migration north of the border and return those exiles in Moray back to the South?