PDA

View Full Version : Ebay again..................Its amazing

MerryDown
17th Jul 2006, 19:25
I cannot help posting this sorry !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bensen-B-6-Gyrocopter_W0QQitemZ160006880310QQihZ006QQcategoryZ63680QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks similar to an old bed I threw out recently....................

long live Ebay

Phoinix
17th Jul 2006, 20:29
I hope this is a joke... only someone fallen from the highest branch of the stupid tree would "fly" this.

Pandalet
17th Jul 2006, 20:44
shouldn't there be a motor there somewhere? :eek:

Hughesy
17th Jul 2006, 20:45
Crazy as!!
I can just see some redneck having a go, and soon there would be a new video for us all to look at and go "what the f**k!"
he would have to modify it tough, no beer holder, or gun rack.
Hughesy

Whirlygig
17th Jul 2006, 20:46
C'mon guys, where's yer pioneer spirit? :ok: Think about the Flying Bedstead and what that gave to modern aerospace technology!

Cheers

Whirls

But you can get in first!

Efirmovich
17th Jul 2006, 20:59
13 bids ! ! ! for F***'s sake ! Who are these people ? ? They could be living next door and you would never know.................:E

E.

Revolutionary
17th Jul 2006, 21:10
Well, the seller has a 100% positive feedback rating so you know you can trust him when he says the blades just need a little work and she's good to go;)

ron-powell
17th Jul 2006, 21:20
Looking at this thing, skis and all, it almost looks like something that's towed vs. powered.

HillerBee
17th Jul 2006, 21:23
At least you don't need a license.

teeteringhead
17th Jul 2006, 21:24
Bensen used to do what they called a "GyroGlider" I think, which was indeed towed to launch.

IIRC it was meant to remain tethered as you got towed down a runway or similar (only seen ones with wheels before) and I believe was meant as a trainer before you were let loose on the powerd version. Seem to recall seeing fillums of it in me youth .....

[edited to add]

..found a picture ... ain't Google wonderful

http://www.kate.aviators.net/images/gyroglid3.JPG

Noah Zark.
17th Jul 2006, 22:23
shouldn't there be a motor there somewhere?

Yeah, a chainsaw motor !:ok:

TeeS
17th Jul 2006, 23:01
I just had one can and am now tempted to bid!

It looks like real fun, must have, must have, I wouldn't have to go too high, when was the last time I had an adrenaline rush?

What was that address - www.ebay. c

Oh, hi hun, just switching off the computer now, checking my emails, be up in a minute.

TeeS :eek:

crispy69
18th Jul 2006, 02:42
Motor???

I think the handle at the front is like the handles on those old fashioned trains where one guy lifts handle and the other one drops it!
Imagine It I would say you would need to pump pretty hard to stay in the air:\

Crispy

aurora1827
18th Jul 2006, 12:24
"1953 saw the rebirth of interest in the gyroplane with the invention of Dr. Igor Bensen's patented "Gyrocopter." This two-bladed rotorcraft used a teetering hub bar and rotorhead to equalize the lift from opposing sides of the rotor disc. By using locally-available materials the home builder was able to keep the construction cost down, and he could work on the aircraft as his time and budget would permit. Factory-packed material kits were also available; assembly time on either version often ran into the 150-200 hour range. Amateur and professional builders have probably copied the Bensen Gyrocopter more than any other aircraft throughout the history of aviation. " ~ www.aircommand.com (http://www.aircommand.com)

Gyrocopters aren't that uncommon, you don't need a very high rpm to lift a light person. You do need some arm strength if you're going to do it manually though....;) Normally you would tow it up and autorotate down with a low pitch angle. A few types can jump start (literally), but you would need an engine for that. (Or you could jump off a cliff.)

Before getting towed up in this thing though I'd consider installing a seatbelt.....and take out a life insurance policy.....:ok:

Whirlygig
18th Jul 2006, 12:35
and take out a life insurance policy.....
I doubt you'd get one! Seriously! Or you may find your existing policy invalidated by acts of foolery (sorry, that's "pioneering spirit" isn't it!)

Cheers

Whirls