PDA

View Full Version : Fairford 2006

REF
17th Jul 2006, 16:02
For those of you who wish to look at the pictures I took at Fairford yesterday (Sunday 17th July) then they are here (http://www.richardflagg.fotopic.net/c1024448_1.html)

Enjoy

Rick

Ivan Rogov
31st Aug 2006, 14:55
Not video but found this

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1096368&size=L&width=1152&height=780&sok=&photo_nr=&prev_id=&next_id=

(hope it works)

A "great" arrival? :oh:

Noah Zark.
5th Sep 2006, 20:50
Excuse the thread drift, but can any of you who have been to RIAT at Fairford give me any info on car parking, or lack thereof?
Haven't been to a RIAT since they were at Greenham, but thinking of going next year.

EnginEars
6th Sep 2006, 09:22
Parking at RIAT this year was no problem what so ever. Almost no real traffic problems arriving or leaving.
It's a bit more of a walk compared to the days when you parked on the base but very well organised. :)

The exact opposite to the Red Bull Air Farce at Longleat :mad: .

My Dad's Little Boy
6th Sep 2006, 15:34
EnginEars

I'll go with EnginEars on this one. It took me about 3/4 hour to get to the car park from when I joined the end of the queue and it took me about 1/2 hour from when I left the car park to when I got onto the M4. No problems at all.

They re-organised the routes 3 or 4 years ago and got a professional traffic management outfit to sort out the traffic and it has worked like a charm. I think the days of sitting in a traffic jam for 4-5 hours are over.:D

MDLB:ok:

wub
6th Sep 2006, 17:25
I sat in the green car park from 17:30 till 18:45 without moving an inch. It was only after some serious cross-country that I finally managed to get out of the show at 19:45. I won't be going back, and that's from someone who has been attending IAT since Greenham days.

Noah Zark.
6th Sep 2006, 17:59
O.K., thanks for the info, guys.

REF
6th Sep 2006, 18:01
I've never had any problems getting there or leaving. I guess it depends on if you leave with everyone else of if you stay that extra hour looking at some of the static stuff before going back to the car.

It is a great show and I'll be there next year, regardless of the traffic!!