PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Operating Handbooks

maxtech
17th Jul 2006, 13:15
Can anyone out there help?
I own a 1967 Reims Cessna F172H that has just completed its CoA. No real problems found and she's ready willing but not able to leave the ground.
It would seem that the Pilots Operating Manual I have, which states Cessna 1967 Model 172 & Skyhawk is not valid in the eyes of the CAA. The manual even states that 'The Model F172, which is manufactured by Reims Aviation S.A. is identical to the 172 except that it is powered by an 0-300-D engine. All 172 information in this manual pertains to the F172 as well'
All information relating to the different engine is covered within the manual I have. The problem is the American produced manual has the serial No. D638 printed on the inside of the front cover. The French produced manual has the number D607 instead. This is where the problem occurs. The CAA will not issue a CoA without a manual that has D607 printed on the inside cover!!!!:ugh:
So does anyone out there own a 1967 F172H with an authentic French manual, which I could copy? I need to arrange this fairly promptly as I have a family trip in G-BEZK planned for the 29th of this month. It looks like I'm going to have to cancel.
Frustrated
Steve

Johnm
17th Jul 2006, 14:04
Scan the front cover, delete the old number insert new number and print it.

Bob should then be your parent's sibling and the tosspots will have lost.:mad:

maxtech
17th Jul 2006, 14:15
Thanks Johnm,

I did consider that very option but thought I should at least try and play their silly games.