PDA

View Full Version : H300c Self Hire

PITCH LINK
17th Jul 2006, 12:09
Does anyone have any contact details, prices etc.. on possible self hire Hughes 300's in the U.K. I am based in south Wales.
Many thanks.:ok:

Whirlygig
17th Jul 2006, 12:29
I take it a CBi would do as well although you may well just need to be checked out first as there are slight differences. Actually, if you are going to a school you've never been to before, they may well want to check you out anyway!

Try, in no particular order

Sterling (norwich)
Bournemouth Helicopters
Biggin Hill Helicopters
Oxford Aviation Training (though not sure about SFH)

a few good sources of this sort of information is the British Helicopter Advisory Board's handbook which lists all members and which aircraft they operate, G-INFO section the CAA's website where you can search for all UK registered S300s (Hughes 269) and their owners plus a search on google will turn up stuff!

I know there is somewhere in Devon that operates a Schweizer, and somewhere oop north plus I have a feeling that Great Dane Helicopters do/did was well and they're based Wales!

Cheers

Whirls

HillerBee
17th Jul 2006, 14:50
http://www.greatdanehelicopters.com/

Hughes500
17th Jul 2006, 16:06
I have 3 based in Devon, PM me and I will see what I can do for you;)

Merlin21
17th Jul 2006, 16:34
You could also try Heli 2000 at Blackpool they have a brand new cbi very well equipped:ok:

http://www.heli-2000.moonfruit.com

SEL
19th Jul 2006, 22:20
There are 2 CBs and a CBi at Liverpool too

Three Blades
20th Jul 2006, 08:34
I would also be interested to hear of any for SFH in the south east.

All the schools seem to be booked solid at present (good news for them).
Hence you are lucky to just be able to get one for a spin round the local area between lessons. Ones available to take away for the day are currently very rare.

Are private owners permitted to rent theirs out for SFH or does that have to be done through an official establishment ?

Flying Lawyer
20th Jul 2006, 09:06
PITCH LINK

As you're in South Wales .......

There's a H300 available for SFH at Gloucester.
You'll need to confirm but I think the SFH rate is about £140 pr hr dry (+Vat).
Contact Ray Jones: Tel 07968 951069
He's an experienced Examiner/Instructor as well as commercial pilot so no problem getting checked out.

Geraint Hill in Aberdare used to use a H300 for instructing. I don't know if he still has it but you could ask.
Tel 01685 872022

Great Danes at Haverfordwest still show a H300 on their site, but I thought they'd sold it.

Tudor Owen