PDA

View Full Version : Flight in 2 Seater Spitfire

exBACXwebteam
16th Jul 2006, 20:59
Good evening all, hope everyone's had a good day - fantastic weather!!!

My husband and I's 10th wedding anniversary is coming up next year, and we've been through an awful lot! We're more in love now than ever and I would like to thank him in a very special way.

Does anyone have any contact details where I can purchase a flight in a 2 seater Spitfire? I know it's v.expensive! but it would be worth it. My husband has LOVED this aircraft all his life and I can't think of a more perfect present that he will cherish for the rest of his life.

Please help.

Thank you.

Nicola.
x

foxmoth
16th Jul 2006, 21:10
try this thread
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=232351&highlight=spitfire

BEagle
16th Jul 2006, 21:11
One of my ex-UAS students managed to buy her father a flight in the back of Carolyn Grace's Spitfire for his 70th birthday. According to Jane, the smile on his face is still there!

Wishing you luck for a successful outcome!

treadigraph
16th Jul 2006, 22:19
Nicola, there are three more two seaters in the UK - I don't know how they are fixed for giving joy rides - they are owned by Historic Flying at Duxford, Anthony Hodgson / Dragon Flight in North Wales, and Maurice Bayliss which I thik is based at East Kirby in Lincolnshire. Bit of Googling might find you the contact details. Good luck with it, wish I had a wife (or daughter) who'd buy me a ride in a Spitfire!

Cheers

Treadders

Cricket23
17th Jul 2006, 11:52
Great present.

I see you now have the details for the 'Dragon'. I flew in this last July and can thoroughly recommend it. It is a lot of money, but they take the time to go thru all the bits and pieces, and it is truely a special day.

Anthony will pretty much do whatever you want, and this include taking the controls.

...and yes, the smile is still with me.

C23

blue up
17th Jul 2006, 12:13
When you say "a lot of money"......are we talking "summer holiday with the kids", "New Ford Mondeo" or "3-bed flat in Chelsea" money?
Is it :oh: , :eek: or :{ ?

A2QFI
18th Jul 2006, 20:32
Could you raise the funds for a Hunter/ Buccaneer/Lightning trip at Thunder City? Tie it in with a nice holiday in SA!

foxmoth
18th Jul 2006, 20:47
When you say "a lot of money"......are we talking "summer holiday with the kids", "New Ford Mondeo" or "3-bed flat in Chelsea" money?
Is it :oh: , :eek: or :{ ?

PM with details

777fly
30th Jul 2006, 01:09
I had a ride in the back of the Grace spitfire with Carolyn, as the aircraft was postioned to/from an air display. This was care of a supporting charity.