PDA

View Full Version : jobs at malaga

jimmy_page
16th Jul 2006, 18:39
hola. i currently work at an airport in england as a ground service operative on the ramp team. but i really want to work at malaga airport. who are the handling agents at malaga and do they employ english people or would i have to learn spanish. what would be the best way to get a job on the ramp at malaga airport.

please help me begin to plan my dream.

gracias

ramon76
17th Jul 2006, 00:19
get in web pages of spanish airlines, search, send emails, learn some spanish, and make a mobe! good luck!

ICING AOA
17th Jul 2006, 12:51
otherwise you can try at Gibraltar airport, maybe you wont need to speak spanish :E

malagajohn
17th Jul 2006, 14:43
hola. i currently work at an airport in england as a ground service operative on the ramp team. but i really want to work at malaga airport. who are the handling agents at malaga and do they employ english people or would i have to learn spanish. what would be the best way to get a job on the ramp at malaga airport.

please help me begin to plan my dream.

gracias

Jimmy

You really need to speak Spanish to get a job with any of the handling agents

All the handling guys have bilingual managers and operatives - so if you can only offer one language you are at a huge disadvantage

Malaga is a great place to live but make sure you're coming here for the right reasons - look to enhance your career

Malaga is a busy airport and will become busier

All the best

Full hope
17th Jul 2006, 19:19
That's completely untrue! You don't need to speak spanish to work at Málaga Airport (LEMG/AGP). I´ve been working down there for a couple of years and I meet quite a lot of non-spanish speakers.

Handling agents: Iberia and Eurohandling. There are also several airlines doing with own handling staff (i.e. Spanair/Newco, Vueling, Easyjet...).

There are also a big bunch of Airline Representative Companies:

- Servisair: Monarch, Air Scotland and many other airlines. Executive operators as well.
- Malaga Ground Services: First Choice, Excel Airways, Thomas Cook UK, Aeroflot.
- SART: Kuwait Airways, Blue Panorama and executive operators.
- Air Taxi: Saudia Airlines, Futura Int. Airways and executive operators.
- GAS: Working for executive operators only, very bad company to work for.
- AGA: Air Finland, Sterling/Maersk, Hapag Lloyd and other german/scandinavian operators.
- Falcon:
- Globeground: Lufthansa, Thomas Cook Belgium/Condor...
- Select aviation: Air Madrid, JET2, Flyglobespan...

In addition, you can find many tour-operators with non-spanish speaking staff working as airport representative, passenger service staff, etc.., whose do not have anything to do with the airlines they are associated with: First Choice, Thomas Cook, Saga, TUI, Nickermann, Freedom Flights, Sovereign, etc...

Since a couple of months ago, Easyjet cancelled the handling contract with Eurohandling and is now performing self handling (they operate more than 25 flights a day to AGP).

If you are looking for a job within AENA, you will need to speak spanish and to forget the english language, just to be exactly like the rest of employees! :ugh:

If you require any further detail, just let me know.

Regards.

michaelknight
18th Jul 2006, 12:30
Irish guys in Seville and Reus.

Started with no spanish.

MK

transilvana
14th Aug 2006, 00:21
No Spanish= no jobs in handling companies

Bumz_Rush
14th Aug 2006, 10:38
Closed shop......