PDA

View Full Version : A big rock in Iowa...

SASless
16th Jul 2006, 13:35
One knows how kids think of big rocks and paint...."Billy Bob loves Patty Jo" kind of stuff. Check this grafitti out!

http://www.fullnet.net/devotionals/therock.html

SaddamsLoveChild
16th Jul 2006, 14:27
Awesome :D. Some PC county council/Govt monkey would have you in court for doing that in the UK, anyone for a Stonehenge redecoration?

PompeySailor
16th Jul 2006, 14:59
Awesome :D. Some PC county council/Govt monkey would have you in court for doing that in the UK, anyone for a Stonehenge redecoration?

Pretty cool actually. Until the publicity encourages some sad tree-hugging piece of crap to go and throw paint over it or otherwise destroy what the bloke has done.

If only they could train the nomark, norain "taggers" in London and elsewhere to produce work of this standard, it would make the train trips more interesting, rather than just seeing "Taz" sprayed badly everywhere!

Rocket Chucker
16th Jul 2006, 19:48
Being a little fat ex-rock in Wiltshire this thread caught my eye. Good bit of work I think - SLC is right though - try that in this country and you'd probably be breaking 20 Bi laws and have the local jobsworths demanding money with menaces off you - not to mention a fully armed response from the Police and hurled in a cell for 24 hours.

Some hippy types sprayed the Avebury ring stones to look like strawberries a few years back.

I apologise to PompeySailor - I'll try and stop my three year old labrador Taz from spraying his name badly. I've told him before and he's oviously taken bugger all notice :)

jimgriff
17th Jul 2006, 09:50
Are Bi-laws a sexual thing?:oh:

Now by-laws are a different thing!:uhoh:

jonny5
17th Jul 2006, 09:58
What a couple of hours and the tree huggers and cynics will be on this thread telling us how it is a publicity stunt etc
In fact i think i can see movadink lurking around the corner:ugh:
Ray did do a good job though!:ok:

Vatican69
17th Jul 2006, 10:26
Maybe not a publicity stunt, bit a bit cheesy don't ya think?

Vim_Fuego
17th Jul 2006, 10:29
Anyone remember the rock on the Grantown to Forres road that (I think) the local farmer used to paint 'Jesus Saves' on to have mischievous types alter it to often vulgar yet humorous derivatives??

DICKY the PIG
17th Jul 2006, 12:54
Vim,
Drove past it just the other day! It currently reads "Jesus Saves", I'm itching to put underneath it " but Owen gets the rebound!":ok: but 1. No paint and 2. Not brave enough.......too many natives!:ouch:

Keg
17th Jul 2006, 13:39
...a bit cheesy don't ya think?

What do you expect? He's a yank....I think it's genetic! :E

Seriously nice work though and I echo the sentiment- although I wouldn't put it on display in quite the same way! :}

brickhistory
17th Jul 2006, 13:46
What do you expect? He's a yank....I think it's genetic! :E
Seriously nice work though and I echo the sentiment- although I wouldn't put it on display in quite the same way! :}

Oh, and Aussies are known for their reserved personalities and self-control. There I go displaying my typical American lack of understanding about the world again........:cool:

Keg
17th Jul 2006, 13:59
Oh, and Aussies are known for their reserved personalities and self-control.

:ok: :} :ok: :} :ok:

WhiteOvies
18th Jul 2006, 15:58
Superb artwork, a sentiment many share.
The oddest graffitti I saw was a rock on the side of a mountain in south Northern Ireland. It read:
UP
DOWN

Led to much discussion as to whether this was support for the County, abuse for the County or just directions for Irish hikers.
Still have no idea.:confused: