PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry for an Aer Lingus CC Member

11Fan
15th Jul 2006, 18:20
First "new thread" post. Hope I am in the right place, and doing it right.

I have what is probably a typical SLF question for any Aer Lingus CC (or someone knowledgeable), if you wouldn't mind. On the A330's that make the LAX-DUB-LAX flights, do they usually have the seat back screens? My father and I are going to make a trip back to Ireland in 2 months, while we're both still young and scrappy enough to do it. Problem is that I want to make sure that Pop stays entertained for the ride. In some of the interior pictures I saw on airliners.net, some had the IFE and some didn't. I suspect that it wouldn't make any difference, but we are in row 16 on the trip there and 18 on the trip back. Granted, I know that there could be an late equipment change, but normally, would you see IFE onboard?

I'm trying to decide if I need to bring my laptop (with a mass of DVD's). I guess that begs several additional questions then. Can you plug in laptops at the seats (again, row 16 and 18) or should I bring 3 or 4 spare batteries. If I can, do I need a special plug?

Sorry, I really don't know much of anything about Aer Lingus, or the A330 for that matter.

Thanks folks,

11Fan

apaddyinuk
17th Jul 2006, 11:18
Hello 11fan...

Badish news Im afraid. EI still only have one aircraft with the seat back IFE system and that is EI-DAA. This aircraft at the moment pretty much operates on all the network and I believe it is primarly being used on the new DXB route so perhaps it would be a good idea to bring your laptop.
But when the new aircraft arrive next year they are planning to upgrade the rest of the fleet!!!

11Fan
17th Jul 2006, 14:23
Thanks Paddy,

Looks like I'm heading to Blockbuster.

Take care,

11Fan
17th Jul 2006, 21:30
Paddy,

If you're still out there, on the ships that haven't been upgraded, do you remember there being power sources at the seat, and if so, do I need a special plug?

11Fan

apaddyinuk
17th Jul 2006, 22:31
Unfortunately 11fan there are no power points at all on EI aircraft that I can remember, not even on EI-DAA. However I could be wrong regarding the newer Premier Class seats.
Hope that helps.

p.s....also remember to have a bit of change handy for the old bar, sadly complimentary drinks are no more on the Shamrock!

11Fan
17th Jul 2006, 23:15
I may see the Premier Class seats while I am boarding, as I walk past them that is. Thanks for the tip on the change, as well as the other info.

Regards

11Fan

11Fan
24th Jul 2006, 01:47
Paddy, if you're out there, you may know the answer to this one and spare the others the agony of reading yet another silly inquiry. Take one for the team, as it were.

So, like I said in an earlier post, I'm going to Dublin the middle of September from Los Angeleeees on Shamrock Aer.

Since it is "officially" off season, can I expect the flight to be booked solid, or is there "typically " a lull, come mid-September?

Just thinking about flying 10 hours, wedged in between Dad and whomever happens to be on the other side of me.

Oh, would it be a red-haired Irish lass.

apaddyinuk
24th Jul 2006, 12:45
Hi Fan, Very hard to tell and I dont have access to EI res systems anymore however EI flights do tend to be very busy even during off season periods due to their cheaper fares. May I recommend you trying to book an AC or HK seat for the pair of you as the config is 2 x 4 x 2 (ac defg hk). Its generally better towards the back because if its near the crew rest seats you will be gauranteed a quieter experience!!! Hehehe!
If you go onto www.aerlingus.com you can now reserve your seats so have a go at that!!!

11Fan
24th Jul 2006, 15:38
Hi Paddy,

Right now I have an FG there and a CD back. It's the FG there that I am more concerned about. I also just talked to the travel folks and you're right, looks like the flight is already booked so I'll live with it or see if I can finagle an exit row when I check in. Those little airplane pins go a long way, and I'm bringing a bag full.

As far is being in the back, I don't know. I have this thing about someone peeking out from behind the curtains, bitc*ing about me the whole time and eating all of the sandwiches (favorite joke from Pprune; how do you tell if a CC member is at your party?)

BTW, EI removed the Fleet (seating plan) from their website. Apparently, so did AFA, according to http://www.uk-air.net/seatplan.htm (http://www.uk-air.net/seatplan.htm)

I had already printed it out several weeks ago though.

Thanks again and take care,

11Fan

apaddyinuk
24th Jul 2006, 17:22
Funny the assigned you two seats opposite each other on the aisle!!!

But if you do go onto www.aerlingus.com you will see that you can now assign your seat online so maybe you will be able to change the ones you have already had allocated to you on it now. Worth giving a shot.

11Fan
24th Jul 2006, 18:06
Yeah, I think that was the result of me asking for aisle seating without thinking that all the way through.

I tried the Manage Your Booking function but it doesn't seem to like my booking code, and I know I entered it correctly. Either that or it could have something to do with the e-mail address. I didn't book it myself, rather, our travel group did it and I don't know specifically who that was.

I'm actually fine with it as it is. If there's room once I board, I can move around. If not, 10 hours across is not that big of a deal. I'm sure it will be fine. I'll probably be yakking with the CC anyway, least till they run me off.