PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me?

Nicolas DG
14th Jul 2006, 22:44
Hello, my name is Nicolás, Iīm a young pilot who are loocking for some voluntary work in any part of the world, I donīt know, Africa, Alaska, North of Russia, in any place, in relation with the aviation, working as a pilot or with the ground crew, but with small aircraft, not a comercial airline, because I havenīt got experience yet.
If you know something about, please reply this post pleas pleas, Iīm realy into.
Ok, bye bye, and thanks for your time, have good flights!!

Someone said: ĻTo some people th sky itīs the limit, to me itīs homeĻ

yes yes, fly like a bird, like a wings of freedom!!

WhiteFly
15th Jul 2006, 08:57
Hey mate,

You could look for Red cross organizations or the similar sort.. but many small little companies dont even have a web site and get pilots from mouth to mouth which is kinda hard for you if you dont live in that perticular country..

I a little more experienced than you but I would like to do the same..
The only thing I have been told is to just fly to another country to an airport and just start asking around.. But i find that a bit drastic..

what do you think?

sjm
15th Jul 2006, 10:15
try the MAF(mission aviation fellowship) I think thats what it stands for. They are always looking for guys to fly single engine and turbo props out in Africa and places like that.

http://www.maf.org/
http://www.maf-uk.org/
:ok:

Nicolas DG
15th Jul 2006, 19:37
Thanks very very very veryyy!!, much sjm, I will try contact this people by e-mail, and well, start to dream helping there, itīs just what Iīm loocking for, if you know some other place or organization like this one in other or any part of the world, please tell me, Iīm realy into.
Thanks man you are great!!:ok:

Have good flights!!

captwannabe
15th Jul 2006, 20:38
If anyone has experience working for the UN, Red Cross, MAF, or similar organisations, please post your experinces.

I was looking at the MAF requirements. It says you need two years active involvement in a local church and/or Christian service. What is considered "active involvement"? It also says you need to have studied the Bible. Can anyone elaborate on what exactly is required?

Cheers :ok:

Piltdown Man
15th Jul 2006, 23:59
Before anybody gets their hopes too high, this lot require rated pilots with commercial licences and may I suggest that anybody who asks a question about what active involvement is, is probably not what they are looking for. They want active "God Botherers" - missionaries! Whilst they do do a lot of good, I'm not a fan of missionairies. Aid to the needy, in my opinion, should be given without strings or conditions. The record of missionairies over the years has been pretty poor.

Nicolas DG - To me your post is a little naive and may I suggest that once you have invested a few years in college, if the charity bug is still biting, try VSO. A quick search in the internet will reveal what you need to know.

captwannabe
16th Jul 2006, 11:00
Piltdown Man,

I have to say I was a bit put off by the whole missionary thing. I'm religious, but not that religious! There really shouldn't be strings attached when giving aid.

I still would like to know what they perceive as "active involvement"

scroggs
17th Jul 2006, 11:06
If anyone has experience working for the UN, Red Cross, MAF, or similar organisations, please post your experinces.

I was looking at the MAF requirements. It says you need two years active involvement in a local church and/or Christian service. What is considered "active involvement"? It also says you need to have studied the Bible. Can anyone elaborate on what exactly is required?

Cheers :ok:
This has been covered before, and a lot of information was given. You may have to go back a way, but a search should be quite fruitful.

Scroggs