PDA

View Full Version : US helopay website

havoc
14th Jul 2006, 21:57
For those that have visited B. Hudson's website, it seems that he has pissed off someone in the US EMS industry. The website listed the top 15 companies by payscale.

I am not sure if they have a case, any hangar lawyers out there with an opinion?

Helicopter Pay Website Offline UFN
Author: DauphinPilot Date: 7/14/2006 2:57:22 AM

One of the EMS operators listed on my website has threatened legal action against me based on the Base Pay Step Increase Comparison chart I published. Until this issue is resolved my website will not be available.

Brian
Email: [email protected]

SASless
15th Jul 2006, 00:18
It would appear to me if he was using posted data and offered to correct any errors due to changes within the company that made his charts out of date, then a simple offer to amend the charts to reflect current data would satisfy the complainant.:ugh:

It might not change the embarrassment the complainant had but at least the accurate numbers would be posted. Are they that ashamed of their pay scales they have to threaten legal action(translated...."we'll tie your ass up in court and cost you buckets of money to defend yourself!).:=

I found his charts to be quite informative and no where did I see him make any editorial statement about the contents. He was providing a real service to his fellow pilots by what he posted.:D :D

From what I saw....there was an EMS company and an Offshore company that really looked like a pair of mugs when their payscales were plotted on a chart with other companies in the industry.:=

crop duster
15th Jul 2006, 10:26
I agree, SASless. I've refered to it several times. Hope they get it worked out and back up soon.

barryb

HillerBee
15th Jul 2006, 10:38
I guess the website has to be set up in another country and he has to stay incognito. Hard to sue then.

I wonder if there a real grounds to sue, by the way.