PDA

View Full Version : Jet Set - Scottish TV

Bo Nalls
14th Jul 2006, 09:28
Quick heads-up for those able to tune into STV. JetSet (http://living.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1017692006), a look at one of the courses passing through XV(R), starts on Tues 18th Jul.

Narrated by Ewan McGregor it's believed to be a good series - well it must be as I appear in it :} :}

JAG3
14th Jul 2006, 12:48
Is it possible to get STV on sky the same way you get BBC Scotland because I can't seem to find it.:ok:

airborne_artist
14th Jul 2006, 14:03
Try looking for STV under ITV regions

BEagle
14th Jul 2006, 15:32
Unlike BBC regions, out-of-area ITV regions have to be added to your 'other channels' list.

For jockvision, you need to set 10.906V, 22.0 and 5/6, then search for channels, then save stv. If you don't know how to do this, ask a twelve year old. Preferably one of your own!

Not sure if jockvision has English subtitles though.

JAG3
14th Jul 2006, 17:05
Thanks BEagle
Got it working by changing the frequency to what you said so it appeared in the other channels section.:ok:

finalchecksplease
16th Jul 2006, 08:55
Having seen most of the series already (well connected me ;) ) I can say they did a fantastic job especially considering their budget and time constraints (unlike the Beeb with its bottomless pockets).
It will give the wider public an idea of what it takes to become a tornado pilot / navigator and how they need to work as a team to get their job done.
Well done to all the crew at Grampian (STV now) who all worked long hours to achieve this. :ok:

Griz
16th Jul 2006, 10:42
Not sure if jockvision has English subtitles though.
You'll be fine! We've managed to decipher geordie, scouse, cockney, west country, brummie, yorkshire, norfolk, plummie/old boy for years without subtitles.
But then we are quite smart!!! :ok:
(waits for the "deep fried mars bar" argument)

Hueymeister
16th Jul 2006, 10:54
How does one then use Sky + to set it to record then, as it does not appear in the listings on my box?

HM

Tartan Stazi
17th Jul 2006, 18:27
Huey

You cannot sky+ record it I'm afraid; you may be able to series link it once you've recorde the 1st. There are 6 episodes in total.

Tombstone
17th Jul 2006, 21:41
I asked SKY this very question tonight and guess what...

They weren't sure! Customer service at its very best. :ugh:

SmilingKnifed
17th Jul 2006, 23:55
Wasn't aware Stilly had crossed over. Good to see he's doing well.

Hueymeister
18th Jul 2006, 19:13
Looks like a well-made series; nice to see Mike Garland 'Judy', haven't seen him since he grad'ed off 187 IOT in Jun 2000...I feel old....I was his Flt Cdr...When was the programme shot. I assume that as he has N wings that he has already done a tour as a Nav on something else. Mike, if you read this, drop me a line.

HM (aka scouse Pablo)

Tartan Stazi
18th Jul 2006, 19:16
Huey

It was shot from last Aug until Apr this year

Tartan