PDA

View Full Version : request 4 help; possible fraud pilot

Achilles45
13th Jul 2006, 12:29
i do not wish to be alarmist or anything, but i am socially acquainted with someone who claims to have been a helicopter pilot in the Romanian military.
They are grounded now, and i wish gently to ask a few questions to this person to reveal whetehr or not they actually did what they say they did.

any suggestions?

i would appreciate it.

as far as the big world of aviation is concerned, well i was an ad creative on SIA, CX, UA,EA, and a whole lot more.
my job: put bums on seats, did that, internationally.
Plus my aunt when she was a BOAC hostie (yeah, that long ago), married a Qantas pilot.

so, any questions that only a combat chopper pilot could answer, would be most helpful.

many thanks in advance,

Achilles45

jonny5
13th Jul 2006, 14:24
what did he fly?

A2QFI
13th Jul 2006, 16:12
Does it actually matter if he was or was not a heli piot? Is he trying to get a job in that line or is he just a Walter Mitty type, trying to impress the ladies?

Feneris
13th Jul 2006, 20:05
Ask him to explain:

Vortex ring
Inflow roll
Dynamic rollover
Recirculation
Retreating blade stall
Flare effect
Ground resonance
Flapping to equality

Will prove if he was a well taught heli pilot at least.

Colonal Mustard
13th Jul 2006, 20:25
ay but whats the answer,cos if matey boy starts talking jibber and actually reponds then our ppruner better have some knowledge;)

CRM Monkey
13th Jul 2006, 20:27
If he can answer any of those questions then he almost certainly IS NOT a real helo pilot; we rely on blind faith, not science. ;)

cazatou
13th Jul 2006, 20:42
AH,

A real Aviator at last.

Flt Lt Spry
13th Jul 2006, 21:35
If you really live in Tokyo, then tell me, how much of the Japanese landmass is given over to arable farming...

What is the total energy consumption (kWh) per annum?

And what is the total distance of gas pipeline in Japan?

Only someone who really lived in Tokyo would know the answers to these questions.

You could try telling your friend that you would really like to see some photos of him in his uniform, next to his helicopter and airborne shots of him flying.

Then ask to read his logbook and cross-reference each entry against flight plans / Romanian military archives or any other source you can find.

This should lure him into a false sense of security. Then comes the deal-clincher: ask him if he enjoys being naked in the company of other men. You will know for sure whether or not he was a helicopter pilot.

Glass Half Empty
13th Jul 2006, 22:21
Or tell him the Aussies are employing mil folk and pass the problem onto them - they deserve it.

airborne_artist
14th Jul 2006, 06:14
Go into a bar with him. When the next attractive young lady enters, say "Look at the flange on that" - if he nods and agrees, he's a pilot.

ORAC
14th Jul 2006, 06:20
Ask him why he failed FJ training...... :}