PDA

View Full Version : Wht shall I brush up on

RITZER82
13th Jul 2006, 01:55
Hi can anybody please tell me what topics on mathematics and physics I should brush up as I just discovered GCSE bitesize on the web and did not want to waste my time on revising on every single topic on in order to sit the selection tests that is required by flight schools on integrated course, thanks.:)

Lidd
14th Jul 2006, 20:40
Good question. I would also like to know more details on this topic, specifically regarding the pilapt test at Jerez. A freind of mine who is going to Oxford tells me that long division is important for their maths assessment and that the maths test overall is quite challenging. Thats about all i know.

Lidd

captwannabe
14th Jul 2006, 21:05
Suggested Pre-course Study for Integrated Course

It is suggested that, study or revision of the following topics will be of assistance:
Trigonometry triangles
Vector triangles
Angles within circles
Properties of circles
Geometrical relations
Interpolation
Transposition of formulae
Arithmetical skills, mental arithmetic
Ability to read graphs
Basic magnetism
Basic electrics
Understanding of power, work, energy, moments of force. Reference to: Chapter 1 'Mechanics of Flight' by A C KermodeStraight from the FTE website. And play lots of computer games that require quick, quality co-ordination. You'll never have a better excuse!

soconfused
15th Jul 2006, 11:56
Do the selection tests at FTE actually include maths and physics tests?

They say the selection process is composed of...
1. PILAPT
2. Mental capacity and cognitive ability
3. Interview

None of them seem to indicate maths or physics (besides mental arithmetic). The list of "pre-course study" suggests it's study that would be useful for the course, but doesn't mention the selection tests.

Of course, I may be completely wrong here, but thats the impression I got from it.