PDA

View Full Version : Randhem

llesson
24th Aug 2005, 18:15
Anyone had any experience with this FTO?? www.randhem.com seems to offer B737 and A320 type ratings at exceptional rates.

2nd Jan 2006, 12:20
Im thinking about a 737 rating with Randhem Aviation and would be grateful if any guys/gals have any information or experiences of them??

Also do you know if they are recognised by the UK CAA? I have sent the CAA an email to find this out but who knows how long they will take.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

teekaythepilot
2nd Jan 2006, 13:23
And I am thinking of A320 type rating with them.! Comments are appreciated.!

Happy New Year

Teekay

dboy
2nd Jan 2006, 13:29
The price is cheap. BUT is base training included??? If not, no rating on your license.

grtz

teekaythepilot
2nd Jan 2006, 13:35
B 737 rating= 14'400 EUR
Base Training= 5'000 EUR

A320 rating= 16'500 EUR
Base Training= 7'450 EUR

Accomodation and examination fee included.

Teekay

2nd Jan 2006, 20:44
teekhaypilot

check your pm's

Cheers

teekaythepilot
2nd Jan 2006, 21:07
hi 7500

check your pm, too

teekay :ok:

nitrowired
10th Jan 2006, 17:05
hi, guys. ìt`s my first time posting so maby i forget to tell you something,in that case ask.

i was in the first group wich made a TR for A320 with Randhem aviation.
the course take place in minneapolis. one week of theory (althoug you have to go there already knowing because it`s just a review and preparation for the oral) then you take the sim training in the northwest airlines training center.
my impression is that they are doing this very professionaly and personally i think there aren`t many other places where you can get such a good training.
Base check is done in slovenis with Adria airways, at least i did it.
one thing i want to tell you, the sim training are done with northwest procedures and they differs lightly from airbus standart procedures. that`s why between the training and base check you`d better study the normal ones.

and the last thing is that i finished in october and i still waiting for some papers to get my rating endorsement, they must be here in some days. other guys who were with us already have their endorsement due to that their CAA do not require that amount of document`s.

to conclude i`ll tell you that if you seriosly thinking in getting a TR you must consider not only for price( which is quite lower than oters) but the quality( excelent). personally i don`t regret it at all.

pimo
18th Jan 2006, 23:24
Greetings All

I'm considering the purchase of a B737 type rating with Randhem in Miami. I would like to hear from anyone who has completed the course and has any comments on the matter.

Thanks in advance
Simon

19th Jan 2006, 10:32
Im starting mine next month in Miami. Currently im waiting for the course material to arrive as you have to do alot of self study before you start the course.

If you do a search for randhem on pprune there have been a few threads on them recently.

Cheers 7500

JIC
12th Jul 2006, 11:22
Hey.

I just wanted to hear if there is anyone who knows or have been at Randhem?

I would like hear about them, good as well bad !

I am thinking of taking thier A320 rating, so info about that would be appriciated.

Thank you

Jic

dartagnan
12th Jul 2006, 13:21
they are not TSA approved(if course given in the USA)...I lost my money.Stay away unless you can obtain a M1 visa.

Most of these schools do not issue M1-F1 visa for type ratings done in the USA.

the TSA requires an M1 visa before attending a type rating.

You can be turned down with a B2 visa (tourist).The tourist visa is NOT accepted for initial type rating.
WARNING:Some schools will give you an INS form telling you need a B2 visa. This form is NOT valid...

contact the TSA for VISA issues.

-----
Visa information

This section applies to aliens who are planning on receiving flight training in the United States.
The requirements for obtaining any visa are separate from the requirements of the TSA alien flight training rule.
According to INS regulations, Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Section 214.2(b)(7), any alien who is permitted to enter the United States on a B-1 or B-2 visitor's status visa is prohibited from enrolling in a course of study. Such an alien must an either obtain an F-1 or M-1 non-immigrant visa from a consular officer abroad and seek readmission to the United States, or apply for and obtain a change of status under section 248 of the Act and 8 CFR Part 248. The alien may not enroll in the course of study until the Service has admitted the alien as an F-1 or M-1 nonimmigrant or has approved the alien's application.

Taking flight training without an appropriate visa could be a violation of your immigration status and could result in your arrest and removal from the United States; therefore, it is important that you have a visa that permits you to take flight training in the United States. If you do not possess the correct visa, or if you have questions pertaining to your visa status or the appropriate visas for flight training, please contact your local Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services at 800/375-5283 or www.uscis.gov (http://www.uscis.gov/) or the State Department Consular Affairs Office for assistance. The AFSP will deny flight training requests from candidates who are present in the United States illegally or who do not have an appropriate visa for flight training. Fees paid for denied applications are not refundable.

Olof
12th Jul 2006, 14:53
Well if you look under dartagnan's profile it says that he's from mars...might be why he is having trouble :E

JIC
14th Jul 2006, 11:35
Thank you all for your answers.

Seems that Randhem is a fair/good TRTO. Normally there would be alot of yelling and screaming if otherwise.

Sincerly Jic

Olof
14th Jul 2006, 13:09
I don't have any personal experience from Randhem but from what I've heard from personal friends the quality of the training is good and they are straight forward. No severe Bull**** about 'promising' jobs....

dartagnan
15th Jul 2006, 13:39
Mercenar pilot,
I agree wit you, it is all BS.

well, it is printed black on white that an M1 visa is required. Write to the TSA, and tell them their procedures are BS! ;) and have fun at the custom when they will send you back home if they find out you are not coming as a tourist but as a student...

"any alien who is permitted to enter the United States on a B-1 or B-2 visitor's status visa is prohibited from enrolling in a course of study. Such an alien must an either obtain an F-1 or M-1 non-immigrant visa"

dartagnan
17th Jul 2006, 16:57
again, Rhandem or Panam (type rating) are not approved for M1 (I-20)Visa .I do not see any text, which say a B2 visa is approved for a t/rating in the USA.

I did an application with them under a B2 visa, and the TSA has simply denied my application(I have copied/paste their answer).Panam sent me a form of (signed March 06 2001),explaining me I can come under a tourist visa. Apparently,they only accept commercial active pilots flying for an airline and who have some kind of agreements between airline-school.

If you have been approved by the TSA, under what visa? when did you apply?are you sent by an airline?
(I blame only the TSA and the Immigration to make everything complicated and expensive for students and TRTO )

"...This application was denied due to the fact you have a B1 Visa and are attempting to take flight lessons that are not part of a commercial aviation business lease agreement. Under the current AFSP policy, flight students who are not commercial pilots must obtain a M1 or F1 visa to take flight lessons in the U.S. If you wish to take flight lesson within the U.S., you will have to submit an application to a provider that is able to issue the I-20 which will allow for the issuance of a M or F visa. "

xxx xxx
Supervisory Special Agent
Department of Homeland Security/TSA
Office of Transportation Threat Assessment and Credentialing
Alien Flight Student Program
xxxx

hixton
18th Jul 2006, 01:02
Under the current AFSP policy, flight students who are not commercial pilots must obtain a M1 or F1 visa to take flight lessons in the [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]U.S]

Surely you are a commercial pilot and hold a CPL if you are going to be taking a type rating?

C-141Starlifter
18th Jul 2006, 06:45
Did my TR at Randhem and had a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend them. Yes, there is alot of work involved both prior to your arrival and, of course during the training program. I have to again thank both Mike Randhem, the instructors and mgt at PanAm. All did a fabulous job. Yes, I'm currently employed flying the 737-300/500/700.

PS: I can't speak on the visa issue but I do know that PanAm officials will in fact, NOT, let you into their simulators until there is TSA approval.

dartagnan
18th Jul 2006, 11:13
Tourist Visa – 90 days
As long as you already have a pilot license and only wish to rent an airplane or take a currency check this is the easiest visa to enter the country. For all European countries it is done by filling out a form on the airplane flying over. This together with documentation that you will leave the country within 90 days (ex. your return ticket) gets you in. You cannot undergo flight training or obtain a pilot license or rating on a tourist visa. And after September 11th 2001 the FAA now forwards your information to the INS (Immigration and Naturalization Services) to makes sure you are legal before issuing a license.

http://www.aviationcareerguide.com/student_visas.asp

BTW, if you have received an INS form explaining to come and study under a B2 visa...it is not longer valid, because the INS(the Office) does not exist anymore!!!!

TuckUnder77
11th Aug 2006, 12:01
Yup, anyone having been accepted into the cadet programme´s phase II yet?

paradropper
11th Aug 2006, 16:33
Nope. Applied yesterday and got the "thank you for applying" email today. Whats your experience Tuckunder?

TuckUnder77
12th Aug 2006, 16:35
Nope. Applied yesterday and got the "thank you for applying" email today. Whats your experience Tuckunder?

Exactly the same. Will rise the flag here if/when anything happens.

TuckUnder77
15th Aug 2006, 06:09
Some more info available now, http://www.randhem.com/doc/Cadet_info.pdf

Seems to be a semi-sponsored TR/job placement scheme. Not sure whether €8000 is a good deal at all, considered the months of work with no/low pay that will follow after the TR.

paradropper
15th Aug 2006, 12:15
Seem to be pretty similar to the the CTC atp scheme.

SmilingKnifed
21st Aug 2006, 21:56
Nothing yet, other than an email with the standard PDF brief.

paradropper
23rd Aug 2006, 07:58
Got the invitation letter yesterday. Now, the big question is; What on earth can we expect on the atpl questionaire? It's been almost 4 years since my atpl exams so.....:confused:

RoosterBoost
23rd Aug 2006, 18:11
Same Same here Para :ugh:

I'm worried about the questions........ 11.09.06 in Oslo -

paradropper
23rd Aug 2006, 18:39
....and the date:*

SD.
24th Aug 2006, 03:05
Does anyone know which airline(s) they could pass you on to?

Jannik23
1st Sep 2006, 07:23
Hello

Was invited for assesment too, does anyone know what to expect and which ATPL subjects to read up on ??

McBain
4th Sep 2006, 07:09
Would be really nice with some feedback when you have aced your test! Good luck

Jannik23
6th Sep 2006, 19:42
this assesment consists of interview and ATPL questions - does anyone know what they might ask at an interview - have never attended one before

Jannik

McBain
8th Sep 2006, 08:11
some more info regarding the cadet programme...
Hi

Do you know how many cadets who will be selected for the sponsored programme, and how many have you invited for the assesments?

And just out of curiosity; will the interviews be conducted in english and is it a multiple choice type of Atpl questionaire?

Answer:
Approximately 1/4 of the candidates will be selected for the programme.
At stage three we will give you the name of the operators.
No multiple choice questions for the ATPL, you have to write in your own words.

Just another student
5th Oct 2006, 20:05
Just a quick question, is anyone familiar with Randhem Aviation? JAA type rating provider based in Sweden, however they use sims over in the USA.

Cheers

JAS

dartagnan
6th Oct 2006, 09:52
the training in the USA is given by US flight instructors( for the sim and ground training.)
Only the check ride is given by a JAA examiner.

I have called the Swedish civil aviation, and they can not answer to my questions about visa issue.

recently I have read that Flight safety has problems too, and some of my friends told me they are looking to move their sim out of USA.Don't know if it is true!

Once again,for a self sponsored student, the visa waiver or tourist visa is not authorized for type ratings in the USA. M1 visa or J1 visa only.

exception:You do not need an M1 or J1 visa if you are sent by a company and you have already started your training outside of Europe.
when I say company, I mean airline. A SSTR is not an airline and getting the books at home is not what I called starting a training..

I have one friend who did his 6 landings with his airline before his training in the States, in this case, they have accepted his wisa waiver as he was sent by a company.

For self sponsored students: at this time there is no legal visa and no way to go to the USA legaly, you risk to be sent back home at the port of entrance for improper visa.you will not be the first one.

don't believe if someone tell you to go to the USA with no visa or a tourist visa to study in the USA,
a tourist visa is for tourism, it is not to learn how to fly a 20 million dollars simulator...and SSTR can not issue you an M1 visa.

contact the TSA and your US embassy if you can go to the USA on a tourist visa to learn to fly unless you want take the risk to be deported(be sure to refer PPRUNE.ORG, so everybody will laugh at you).You will probably save lot of money
( I have lost mine when the TSA after the 30 days waiting period have asked me to come with an M1 visa, what a bad surprise!!! I believed the crap on this forum, and see the result?).

G-Dawg
6th Oct 2006, 11:17
Yep I agree with MP, I went over to Pan-Am in Miami earlier this year, filled all the TSA clearance stuff on-line took about 3-4 weeks in total and had no problems at all. Customs were great told them exactly what i was doing and they didn't bat an eyelid, had all the docs i needed..and there you go..easy...!!!

As for Randhem, can't fault them. They never promised me anything and MR has always been straight with me, nice guy....would recommend to anyone.

dartagnan
12th Oct 2006, 22:19
hello,

I didn't say it is not possible to go to the USA and be trained there , I said It 's technically illegal to go to the USA for an aviation training under a B1-B2 or visa waiver program when the TSA want an M1/F1/ or J1 visa.(if they dont ask you for a student visa , they are not respecting their own procedures and the DHS laws)

I know they can not issue an M1 visa, nobody can issue legally an M1 visa for this type of training.It is not possible to be trained and be legal even if you are sent by a Swedish School.
It is a DHS problem.

Pilots who have been accepted by the TSA with no visa and went to the USA for training are just lucky .They risk to not be accepted and be sent back home by the DHS.
The TSA knows it, Schools know it, Students dont know it.

Schools are using this loophole in the system to enroll students in their course knowing that some pilots are simply turned down and will simply lose their money.

Do you think It amuses me to write this on this forum?this is now one year I am dealing with different governmental agencies who are not answering to my questions so much they are embarrased.

I have an inspector at the DHS who is working personaly on this problem, and he told me there is effectively a big problem.
And guess what? he is scandalized by this because terrorists are coming and are taking training in the USA with no visa...!

if I read the USCIS website, the law is clear, you need a visa to go for a training in the USA. they do not mention anything about visa waiver and if you say it is an upgrade , I would like to see your evidences (please,printed by a US agency and not a privat school)!

the only legal way to go to the USA for a type rating is to have an M1 visa, or be sent by an airline.

at this time, there is no legal way for an initial type rating(self sponsored) in the USA.

--------------------------------------------------------

Candidates seeking flight training fall into one of four categories. A brief explanation of the categories follows:
Category 1

Candidates who seek flight training in the operation of aircraft with a maximum certified takeoff weight greater than 12,500 pounds but do not fall into Category 2.
A/C over 12500lbs is a TRAINING...not an UPGRADE.

08/25/2005] Taking flight training without an appropriate visa could be a violation of your immigration status and could result in your arrest and removal from the United States;

if you don't have a Student Visa , YOU VIOLATE the law and you can be arrested.
Again here, they say it is a flight TRAINING meaning you need a STUDENT VISA.Visa waiver and B1-B2 visa are for business or tourism...NOT FOR TRAINING

therefore, it is important that you have a visa that permits you to take flight training in the United States. If you do not possess the correct visa, or if you have questions pertaining to your visa status or the appropriate visas for flight training, please contact your local Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services at 1-800-375-5283 or at, http://www.uscis.gov (http://www.uscis.gov/) or the State Department Consular Affairs Office for assistance. The AFSP will deny flight training requests from candidates who are present in the United States illegally or who do not have an appropriate visa for flight training. Fees paid for denied applications are not refundable.

Legally the DHS can deport you if they catch you in a sim with or without TSA authorisation,
Legally the school becomes illegal as you are in the USA illegally.
with or without supporting documents from your school.

whatever you do, if you are making an initial type rating in the USA, even if you are sent by a school from Europe or not. You are technically ILLEGAL and you MAY be prosecuted, arrested, interrogated, investigated, deported, and banned from the USA!!!!!!!
(they won't, because you have money invested in a US business and USA is corrupted!!!)

everything is printed black on white!

dartagnan
12th Oct 2006, 22:59
Mercenary Pilot,

that's what I said: whatever you do ,you are illegal, because there is no way to get an m1 visa...if I could get an M1 visa, I would have asked for one.

All Students who has been turned down bhy the TSA are really pissed off. But this is a warning to all of you seeking training in the USA, It is a risky business and it is illegal...

please stop with your bla bla of vocational training (is that a new invention of a swedish school or, have you received a mail printed by the INS telling it is a vocational course??, in this case, this form is not valid since 2002(huh?) ) . The real and the only existing text says it is a training, NOT A VOCATIONAL TRAINING.

I know 100 pilots too with no visa and who did their training in the USA with no visa(this is what schools tell you, and you are right, many pilots still use this loophole in the US law).

Some of these students should not even be in the USA, some have already entered the USA by this way , maybe to put bombs in planes, this is why I don't understand the attitude of the TSA who lets enter anybody(except for some pilots ...).

I am more upset by this, than by my situation. If one of these terrorists guys can crash a plane and we discover he did a training in a sim in the USA, it will be finished for all of us!!

they are more concerned by mexican crossing illegaly the border(visa waiver???), than to know who is trained on heavy aicraft simulators...

-----------------------------------------------

I know of over 20 people from across Europe who have done TR's in America as Category 1's with no visa...because you don’t need one!

pratically you don't need one.
but READ THIS 1000 TIMES, and you will see that your 20 people from Europe are illegally in the USA.

therefore, it is important that you have a visa that permits you to take flight training in the United States. If you do not possess the correct visa, or if you have questions pertaining to your visa status or the appropriate visas for flight training, please contact your local Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services at 1-800-375-5283 or at, http://www.uscis.gov (http://www.uscis.gov/) or the State Department Consular Affairs Office for assistance. The AFSP will deny flight training requests from candidates who are present in the United States illegally or who do not have an appropriate visa for flight training. Fees paid for denied applications are not refundable.

C-141Starlifter
23rd Oct 2006, 13:20
The training at Randhem is done by US instructors that are certified JAA instructors by the Swedish CAA, the examiner may also be a US guy certified as a JAA examiner by the Swedish CAA. Upon completion of the course, you are provided with a copy of each of their certifications to provide to your home country CAA for the purpose of licensing. There is no license of any kind given by Randhem, PanAm or the FAA upon completion of the course in Miami.

again, i recommend their type rating program!

Lifter

henrype73
30th Oct 2006, 09:31
Hi guys/girls,

Can anyone give some references about Randhem aviation in Sweden?

Quality of the training in USA, previous students getting (or not getting) jobs, etc...

Thanks

TuckUnder77
20th Nov 2006, 10:51
Two Scandinavian guys recently returned homewithout completing their TR. According to them, they were given no preflight briefings except being handed the appropriate Jeppesen plates...

TuckUnder77
21st Nov 2006, 20:17
>So why are you posting and not them?

They are too busy completing their TRs somewhere else.

>Did they file a Deviation Report?

No idea.

>Did they report the problem to Randhem directly?

Yes.

Pilot without a Jet
16th Jan 2007, 12:06
Im wanting to hear from fellow pilots, who have done thier type rating at Randhem aviation, i am in a process of going ahead to do my type rating eithier with GECAT or Randhem aviation, and i wanted some feedback from fellow pilots, who have got jobs via Randhem, or are they still searching?. what are the possibilities of seeking a job if i had done it with Gecat..pls look forward to geting some feedback..many thanks..

christopher_faulds
21st Apr 2007, 14:37
Hello All,

Would love to hear from anyone that has done the 737 CL + NG Type rating and line training with Randhem.

After having a good look at the market place for type ratings they seem reasonably priced.. They also recon that the chances of being offered employment with the company that provides line training is very good.Bonus !! ( I realize they would say this!!).

So any constructive comments from guys and girls that have done this course would be great! Very interested to hear if it is true that you stand a good chance of employment with the line training provider after the 100hrs!:ok:

Thanks All

P.S

No anti type rating posts please, we all have to choose our own direction LOL. Thanks:)

christopher_faulds
25th Apr 2007, 16:24
Hey guys and girls,
Jet Airways are looking for 1000 TT or 500 me OR 737 type rating with 100hrs!!!!

I talked to Johannes about this and although he wasn't saying that Jet Airways WILL take all the type rated guys that do the line training there is a good chance...
Just a bit more input to the thread...

Still looking to see if anyone can confirm the chance of staying on with the line training provider.... or if anyone has actually been sent on the Jet Airways deal:ok:

Thanks all:D

Turkish777
18th Jun 2007, 17:02
Randem Aviation, could you get your staff to check your inbox as im looking at doing a TR with you guys and no one is responding to me. After reading on here and no reply I am starting to get a bad vibe...

tubby linton
12th Feb 2008, 09:22
Has anybody done the TRI/SFI course with them?

Pilot_Fling
15th Mar 2008, 15:47
WARNING - WARNING !!!

Hi, please be more carefully with Randhem Aviation for training in B737 and A320 based in Goteborg.

The Approach price are good but it increase a lot with accomodation and extra training.

They Are NOT Organized, they haven't any Fixed Intructor so the schedule may change at last minute or without advised in advance, and/or you can change also 3 instructor during a couse.

It is a complete SELF-STUDY course.

So you spend a lot of more time for "time lost".

The Instructors are good.

This is a very expedite course (when instructor are available).

For any questions, contact me!

kianus
29th May 2008, 16:55
I accidentally got into www.randhem.com (http://www.randhem.com) - and it seems like their updated their webpagers.. Now they are offering flight training. One programme goes in Europe, another one is first US then Europe.
and its all finished in 10 months..

Is this too good to be true?
What do you guys think about this?

ATLANTIC76
26th Jun 2008, 11:38
They cancelled all the course for this summer.... :mad:

ATLANTIC76
26th Jun 2008, 11:49
I do confirm what Pilot_Fling (http://www.pprune.org/forums/members/pilot_fling.html) just said!!!
They cancelled the course for this summer ... no body answering on the phone ... I think I lost my reservations fee!!!:mad::mad::mad: F.U.C.K.!!

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!

TheFlyingDJ
26th Jun 2008, 11:58
Were you going to do A320 or B737?
I was told they had a busy TR course this summer but appearently they cancelled it?

pugwash5
26th Jun 2008, 12:07
Things seem to be up in the air with them at the moment, I was supposed to be doing a check ride on Sunday at Copenhagen (737) and its been cancelled, apparently all training in Scandinavia has been stopped, a blue air course has apparently started training in Amsterdam but it's impossible to get info, the owner is apparently in the US trying to sort things out there and may get back to us next week when he returns.

santos dumont
26th Jun 2008, 12:36
Randhem Aviation = Bad News !

I lost $2000 + months of wasted time because of them... All I got was a sorry email

STAY AWAY !!!!

cessnagirl
28th Jun 2008, 02:43
Guys, I've made the mistake of doing business with Randhem Aviation. I understand why some of you are a little annoyed.

My course was cancelled twice. I got my manuals 2 weeks before the course began. When the so called 21 day course did take place, it ran over time. I had to return home due work commitments and couldn't finish the course. According to my sim buddy, the course ended up lasting 5 1/2 weeks. I have not been able to return to sweden due work and now I have the expense of having to renew my MEIR. Randhem are refusing to refund me for any unused portion of my course. I've tried to reach a soultion but to no avail. They have ignored letters from my solicitor.

Do these people have any respect for their customers? Do they even realise the impact their conduct has had on peoples careers? What about the serious financial reprocussions experienced by those of us who have done business with them? Are they bothered?

My advice to anyone who is even thinking to train with these people is to stay away. I am stuck in a rutt and am unsure of even how to sort all this mess out. Whats keeping me going is the fact that my Ir renewal is going really well and I'm enjoying every minute.

Please don't make the same mistake as I did. If you value your licence,your future and your hard earned cash, stay away!

Dufo
28th Jun 2008, 18:28
I do not recommend paying anything in advance to Randhem aviation at this moment - our company had to re-pay all sim sessions to OAA because money paid through Randhem never got to OAA. Had to pay instructor hard currency to have a last sim session - which was yesterday.
More details later.

donaire
30th Jun 2008, 17:24
I am one of randhem students in Riga for the 737tr.
They have cancell my course because they have problems with CAA.
Please if you are in the same situation, contact me [email protected]

Maybe we can press them to finish the course or to refund the money.

cessnagirl
4th Jul 2008, 16:53
I regret not having posted sooner, as the predicaments of many others could have been avoided if they knew who and what they were dealing with.

I've had a few emails from people in a far worse mess than myself.

I'm still unsure what to do about my own situation! Any advice would be appreciated.

redout
4th Jul 2008, 18:07
If it is of any help to anyone I spoke with Randhem yesterday and was told they no longer do the type rating in the United States at least. I was told though that Pan Am are going to still provide the TR with approval from the UK Caa. Thats all I know.

Kuccier
7th Jul 2008, 12:37
I've just, I think, lost several thousand euros trying to do my instructor rating at randhem.... I should have known, but then hindsight is always 20/20....

The last word i've had from them is that they lost the caa approval.... I've lost count of how many emails/phone calls I've made to randhem. They have been unable, as yet, to complete the simulator part of the course. I am still hoping....

Please beware before parting with your cash

cessnagirl
7th Jul 2008, 21:32
Sorry to hear what happened about your TRI course. I hate to think about the reprocussions it will have...

We are not the only ones out there who have lost thousands of pounds. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a great many more.

cessnagirl
8th Jul 2008, 00:17
Do a search under "search". Read the posts and you'll see for yourself. If I were you, I'd go some where else.:mad:

Luke SkyToddler
8th Jul 2008, 01:47
In particular, search "Randhem" and "Jet Airways". And then think very hard about how comfortable you are, depositing large sums of money in trust with these guys.

And another thing - a JAA and USA FATPL/IR/MCC in 10 months?? Sure it's theoretically possible but, lets just say, I spent 5 years instructing CPL/IR and I bet you £10 that you can not find me a single person who's actually done it (or, if they did, are happy with the quality of what they received).

Kuccier
8th Jul 2008, 05:28
Thanks cessnagirl... just sent you an email... if enough of us can put pressure, then maybe something will move...

At least, others wont lose time and money....

Kuccier
9th Jul 2008, 12:44
They're not even answering the telephone today

:mad::mad:

JUL
29th Jul 2008, 21:24
From Google cached...

News Letter
July 10, 2008

Our organisation have suffered from the failed contract with Jet Airways, India where the airline stopped payment of a substantial amount of money for training. Also with difficulties from the Swedish CAA for approval of the training in the US we have decided to move our TRTO to the UK. We have come to an agreement with Pan Am for all training. With training at Pan Am we can offer a very competetive course, JAA approved.

All training has been postponed at the moment but estimate to resume again in October 2008. In the new deal, all customer are purchasing the course from Pan Am directly. With the new training, all eventual additional training and re-scheduling is very easy managed. That was one of the great problems we have experienced in Europe with training at Oxford.

We do welcome all customer to take the training in the US with Pan Am and will deliver an improved customer service at all times.

The office in Sweden will be closed permanently from July 2008. All staff will be located in Miami.

cessnagirl
3rd Aug 2008, 01:28
That could mean a multitude of things!
Their normal website is down. Their Norwegan based pilot training school, Avia Training seems to be still in existence.

They claim to be having "difficulties with the swedish caa for approval of training in the US." and they have " decided to move their TRTO to the UK".

They have re opened in the UK under the name of "northern aerospace".

cessna310
12th Jun 2009, 18:49
Hi,

Anyone has experience with this TRTO?

Regarsd,

Cessna310.

santos dumont
12th Jun 2009, 19:14
I had a bad experience and lost money because of the unprofessionalism at Randhem aviation. If the same people are involved here I don't see anything good happening either. Good luck,

SD