PDA

View Full Version : Mistakes on charts?

IVAOGB-AOC
12th Jul 2006, 10:54
Hi All,

Few months back, I noticed some mistakes on a couple of the AIS charts - I emailed the CAA and NATS, and have heard nothing back, and the mistakes are still there. Its on the new look charts (which I really dont like by the way ;) ) I really thought someone else would have noticed it by now, and corrected them...

http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aerodromes/32LL0604.PDF

WOBUN and BUZAD deps from LL, title of the chart clearly says WOBUN and BUZAD, along with the diagram, yet if you look at the table at the bottom describing the routings, it calls them all WOBUN - surely the WOBUN 3J and WOBUN 2K should both read BUZAD?

http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aerodromes/32LL0810.PDF

Isn't the ILS frequency for 27R, 110.30, and not 109.50?

These are a few of the mistakes I have found, or what I believe to be mistakes, do feel free to correct me if I am wrong ;)

Best Regards,

Gaz

foghorn
12th Jul 2006, 11:53
I've noticed quite a few other mistakes on the new-style SID charts too. If they don't get reported, the CAA often doesn't spot them.

If you're seeing the mistakes on Jepps or Aerads etc, best to tell them first as it may be their mistake, not the CAA's (not in this case though as the mistakes are in the AIP).

Number2
12th Jul 2006, 15:55
I can see that 'Gaz' is going to be a real bundle of laughs on the September course!

IVAOGB-AOC
12th Jul 2006, 21:53
hmmm...not sure how to take that comment really ;) :p

Barnaby the Bear
12th Jul 2006, 22:26
I think you will do very well on the maps and charts section of the verbal exam (if they still do that?). :8 :8 :8 :8 :8 :8 :8 :8

Number2
13th Jul 2006, 15:00
I think he needs to get out more!

IVAOGB-AOC
13th Jul 2006, 15:06
Does anyone have anything nice to contribute to the discussion? ;) Like who to get in contact with? These are quite basic errors, and I am suprised no one in authority has picked them up...

Number2
13th Jul 2006, 15:53
Do I sense some teddies being thrown from the pram because nobody's listening to Gaz?