PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 737-300 Sim

ACE Diamond
11th Jul 2006, 19:26
I have got through to the second stage for one for the large UK carriers and I have a sim ride early next month.

I would like to have a quick check out on a 737-300 sim prior to the sim assessment so I am not going in cold.

Does anyone know of any training providers etc, which have a 737-300 and organise practice sim assessments. (UK only)

Any help would be gratefully received

ACE

INSIDEVIEW
11th Jul 2006, 19:29
Well
I did my MCC on a 737-200 in Dublin....
Guess u could give Parc in Dublin a ring they can arrange that....

Cheers

fleecy
11th Jul 2006, 20:05
Try:

www.jetlinx.co.uk

Callsign Kilo
11th Jul 2006, 20:08
Try www.virtualaviation.co.uk

They advertise pre assessment/selection sim rides on a variety of aircraft including the 737NG (based on the -700) and the 737-300. They are organised through Alteon at Luton Airport (I think) and are conducted by a current line pilot on the aircraft.

Hope it helps, good luck

CK

fladder
12th Jul 2006, 07:58
I am not sure, but I don't know if a pre assessment simride makes you feel better during your selection simride for the uk airline (tfly?)

they don't want to see a rated 737 pilot. You don't have to meet the type rating requirements.. They want you to show them your capability to learn from your mistakes. They want to see if you are trainable and if you can take some critisisme. They want to see some basic skills, not specific 737 skills!

goodluck

Low flying area
12th Jul 2006, 22:41
Just do it...Believe my own experience, even if they don't want to see you handle or manage the 737-300 like a rated pilot they want to see good flying skills and especially a positive learning curve! It means that your performance at the end of the simride have to be better than at the beginning...
and most of the time there is an engine failure with a go aroung at the end:bored: >>it's better to have done it once...and it does worth it if you got te job:)