PDA

View Full Version : James Hogan & GF

fab40
11th Jul 2006, 16:03
Any ideas on which airline he is going to next? Any speculations? Emirates :eek: Etihad :{ Alitalia :ugh: Air India :( ......who is looking for a CEO? :confused:

Xeque
11th Jul 2006, 17:17
I left Bahrain about the time Jimmy the Roo arrived at GF and when the airline was on the bones of its a@se. I think he has done a very good job of bringing it back to life again.

However, I can't help wondering whether the loss of the other partners is going to have a far worse effect than has been experienced so far.

If it turns out that Bahrain will be left alone to support the entire operation then I fear it may well be the end for what has been, over the years and in the main, a very good airline.

Has Mr Hogan forseen the 'inevetable' and decided to get out while he is on top?

ddd
11th Jul 2006, 19:09
Gulf Air will never go bust. None of these Middle Eastern airlines are making a profit, but their governments are keeping them alive. Its a matter of national pride to have one's own airline in this part of the world.

Andy_S
11th Jul 2006, 20:36
None of these Middle Eastern airlines are making a profit, but their governments are keeping them alive.Its a matter of national pride to have one's own airline in this part of the world.

Maybe so, but the likes of Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Qatar are wealthy countries / emirates that can afford the luxury. I doubt Bahrain will find it as easy to underwrite a national airline.

Simwings
11th Jul 2006, 22:16
Alitalia :ugh:

What's wrong with Alitalia?

(or should there be an 'isn't' between 'what' and wrong')