PDA

View Full Version : meir training schools at Cranfield?

nuclear weapon
11th Jul 2006, 10:16
I am looking to hear from anyone who has done his meir at cranfield to give a brief overview of the FTOs based there as I am looking at it as one of my options. Apart from the obvious advantage of having a caa examiner and flying the routes during your training. How did you pick one out of the three schools based there.
I mean Bonus aviation, Billins air service (25 hrs c172 25hrs pa 34 turbo)
Cranfield aviation.
If you have used any of the above yourself any feedback will be appreciated.

PAPI-74
20th Jul 2006, 20:06
Don't go near the place. The controller has a small bushy thing on his lip and has a German twang to his voice (a bully boy in need of a CRM course).
Bonas, Grabair, Billins (is he still there), none of them are good enough to spend hard cash with.
Bristol
PAT (Bournemouth)
Exeter
Atlantic in Cork have a good name, but I didn't visit. Good Airline connections.

Cranfield has a 2 week wait for that examiner. B.mouth 2 days.
Lots of people have started at Cranfield and gone elsewhere. But hey, go up there and see for yourself. Just check out the ones above after to compare....and don't pay upfront.
Get a price inc all off airfield approaches, and fuel extras, hire for test, MEP rating, F170A....all can be hidden.

Mercenary Pilot
20th Jul 2006, 20:42
PAPI-74...I would go along with most of that. :D

PAPI-74
21st Jul 2006, 06:57
Good Man!:D

nick p
23rd Jul 2006, 12:45
I had a not too spectacular experience at cranfield. If you can get down to exeter,i would highly recommend that you do so, as they are fantastic. All ex RAF, billed from wheels up plus 0.2,no messing around.

OneIn60rule
24th Jul 2006, 08:49
Yeah go there. They have a superb facility and the people that work there are into no bull****t.

Donīt go to Cranfield unless you want to do a commercial licence. My mate was there for MEIR and got screwed around so much on his MEIR.

Ciao.