PDA

View Full Version : How long out with a broken leg?

cobolt
11th Jul 2006, 07:08
I am dealing with a broken Fibula and torn tendons and not broken but a wrecked ankle, expecting to be in a full leg cast for 6 weeks all going well. How long after the cast comes off do you expect it will be to get back my class one?

Coblt:ugh:

cavortingcheetah
11th Jul 2006, 07:23
:hmm:

Why should you have lost it in the first place? You are surely not so much incapacitated as inconvenienced?
But if you have told the CAA then, based on personal experience, I would have thought almost immediately the plaster/plastic thingy comes off.:ooh:

Towering Q
14th Jul 2006, 15:31
I did the tibia and fibula after a motorbike crash and had a plate inserted to hold it all together. I just let the medical lapse but when it came time to renew, three months down the track, I got caught out with many of the questions.
CASA wanted a letter from the ortho surgeon saying I was fit to fly. He didn't feel he should provide one and they ended up accepting a letter from my DAME. I had to show him that I could hop on the damaged leg without falling over. Not easy for a leg that had been immobilised for 3 months and held together with stainless steel.:eek:
It takes several weeks after cast removal to gain any significant use of your leg. Before taking to the skies again I did some intensive sessions with our C &T person with plenty of engine failure drills to test the new leg.:{