PDA

View Full Version : Muscat, Oman?

tennis
11th Jul 2006, 06:09
Anyone know what the ATC employment scene there is at the moment?

Meznah
22nd Jul 2006, 18:32
Tennis,

there really short of Atc and Assistance Controller

Regards
Meznah

divingduck
24th Jul 2006, 07:34
There has been quite a bit of movement on the recruiting front in Muscat.

Several new voices on the line.

The only problem as I hear it is that you should check your contract cafefully BEFORE you arrive.
Give particular attention to the medical paragraphs, do not take anyones word for what is there.:=

Remember the salary package is an all inclusive package, you front for everything except basic health care when you arrive.

quack!

ps I hear that the long term guys are STILL getting the run around on salary increase? It's only been on going for about 8 months now:ugh:

tennis
24th Jul 2006, 22:08
I hear there are quite a few kiwis, Oz and others on their way soon.:D I also hear that some management might bemaking a trip down thisway to recruit.:)

Superfluous
8th Aug 2006, 22:43
How do I get in touch with person responsible for recruting in Oman? Anybody has an email or something?

AirNoServicesAustralia
8th Aug 2006, 23:39
There was a half page ad in the last couple of issues of Flight International. Don't have it here but from memory the email was [email protected]

If you are from Oz or NZ then they are having info nights in Melbourne, Brisbane and Christchurch soon (again details were in the ad).

Superfluous
9th Aug 2006, 19:15
Thanks ANSA.
Couldn't find anything in Flight International though. A bit confusing is that "emirates.com" for Oman, but will send them an email anyway.

AirNoServicesAustralia
9th Aug 2006, 21:35
That e-mail confused us all. It seems that Emirates airlines are involved in some way in the recruitment of Muscat ATC'ers. Even the typeset and style of writing in the ad in Flight International (was in the issues at the end of July) were lifted straight from the Emirates airline website. Go figure, I guess it just shows how small the Gulf really is.

Radar35
10th Aug 2006, 03:31
Contact Info for Muscat is [email protected]

Charles Smith is the SATCO at ACC, they need Area ATCO's but have no vacancies for Aerodrome related Controllers.

Cheers

:ok:

Superfluous
10th Aug 2006, 06:45
Thanks guys. I Hope I'll be successful.