PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Borek

Patty O'Furniture
9th Jul 2006, 10:44
Hi Guys,

I'm writing for a bit of assistance with regard to applying for Kenn Borek for a spot in the Maldives(Oz ATPL 1900tt 400multi). I've heard of internationals working there for the company and i'd love to do it. I'm a little unsure of how to apply, i've tried directly to Male but they told me to apply to the head office.

Is the best way to do it by fax?? i'd imagine it would just get tossed on some pile? If there's anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM if so desired!

Cheers

Patty

Glorified Donkey
9th Jul 2006, 15:59
Thats actually a good questionm have you tried contacting Kenn Borek in Calgary, Canada? They should be able to tell you how abouts to apply.

Unfortunately it is a very desirable job (if you can even call it that, since you woldnt even be wearing shoes :} ) So who knows where ur resume will end up in the pile.

Good luck!

Codger
9th Jul 2006, 16:42
The people at Borek in Calgary are a pretty decent bunch from what I know.
http://www.borekair.com/employment.htm

Send them a quick email and ask them where they'd like to have you send your CV rather than just sending a fax in the blind.
borekairATtelus.net

Patty O'Furniture
10th Jul 2006, 12:16
Thanks guys

Happy to hear some guys helping blokes out, will send it in and see how i go!

Sounds like a great company, if there is any more info on pay or anything to do with them please pm me.

u canucks are alright! despite the pasting you cop from the likes of matt stone and trey parker :}

cheers

Patty

whatsthatbuttonfor
18th Jul 2006, 20:19
Howdy,

I've been working with Kenny Borek for a few years now, quite a few of those in Male world. Quite a few Aussies working, but for hiring Aussies, you pretty much have to speak directly with the Chief Pilot in Male.

Of course, this is a stupid question, but you do have a float rating. Amazing how many resumes I look over without a float endorsement. Filed in the appropriate spot as you can imagine.

The ATPL is good, as for upgrades it'll be 1000 hours float, of which 500 has to be on twin otter on floats. After the 1000 hours, you do your 100 hour line indoc.

As a copilot, you'd be expected to stay for a 6 month rotation, and then from there, if you were full time, you work out your schedule/time off. You average roughly 85 hrs/month, usually more. Housing provided.

I suggest you contact the CP in Male world. I think they need some full time guys.

Good luck.