PDA

View Full Version : London, Request.

Marvo
9th Jul 2006, 08:50
Many thanks to all the controllers, who over the last month have been very helpful in keeping me updated with the football scores during the world cup:) I am sure it is the last thing you really needed, pilots asking every five minutes if you know the score but you were all really helpful.

Thanks

Marvo

Il Duce
9th Jul 2006, 09:39
Better the football news being broadcast on a routine ATC frequency than all those idiots using 121.5 to chat about the latest scores!!!

YourFriendlyATCO!
11th Jul 2006, 22:40
Obviously only when appropriate, but i love a bit of banter on the R/T... especially about the football!! Except when we lost that is! Ha ha

5milesbaby
11th Jul 2006, 22:46
was good to send the Air Portugal direct, get a thankyou, and then tell him they'd just lost though :ok: all jobs have their benefits :ouch:

Hold West
11th Jul 2006, 23:52
It gives me a good excuse to call back to the supervisor get a score update myself!

PPRuNe Radar
12th Jul 2006, 00:03
I nearly had to file an overload .... due to RT loading telling everyone England had bombed out again. Thank God my own Scotland were not there or it would have been double overload reports ;)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
12th Jul 2006, 07:00
Oh... yes.. this thread warms the cockles of my heart. Long ago I used to routinely broadcast such information but the best clanger I ever dropped was when, after a very rare defeat of Oz by England in a cricket match, I asked a Qantas flight if he was over for some cricket lessons. Didn't go down a bundle!!!!