PDA

View Full Version : Austrian Airilines

kd_nub
9th Jul 2006, 08:23
If i am asking somthing already asked please let me know, but sofar i can not find much info on Austrian Airlines.

I am an Australian Pilot, working in Australia, duh.... and i am faced with the opportunity to live and work in euroupe, as i have a UK citizenship and passport.

I am most interested in Austrian Airlines as Vienna is my choice of city sofar. What i would like to know is where they hire thier pilots from, how many hours are required or any cadetshipps offered. comming from AU i have no idea of what goes on over there and is Very different to what we do here i susspect!

I have an australian CPL with Multi IFR with credit on ATPL all theroy subjects. Dont know if this counts for squat or not, if i have to do it all again over there, i will.

Any help would be great as i am keen to get over there and start the process if required.

Regards, AUSTRALIAN TURNING AUSTRIAN!

Liftdumper
9th Jul 2006, 08:44
AUA is recruiting. Have a look at pilotrecruitment.at.

Don't forget to bring your HIV test.

kd_nub
9th Jul 2006, 08:46
that is the best news i have had all day!!!! cheers mate,

Aussie
10th Jul 2006, 00:05
Since were on topic... do airlines such as Austrian accept non nationals? Do you have to speak german? What about other legacy carriers such as KLM and Lufthansa?

Cheers

Aussie

kd_nub
10th Jul 2006, 10:32
from the research i have done since that website from lift dumper, you have to speak and write german and english, and be a citizen of an eu country, england is ok!

this is for a cadet program acceptanc though so as far as direct entry i have no idea as yet

Pilot Pete
12th Jul 2006, 09:11
I have an australian CPL with Multi IFR with credit on ATPL all theroy subjects. Dont know if this counts for squat or not, if i have to do it all again over there, i will. I think you will find that you will have to do just about all of it again in JAR land. Take a look at some previous threads with a search, there are plenty of Aussies working here in the EU who will have followed this route. From those that I fly with, it would appear to still cost a fortune and takes quite a while to complete....

Good luck.

PP