PDA

View Full Version : HK Aerospace....room for 1 more?

McAero
8th Jul 2006, 09:48
Hi all,

I have a small query and figured this was the best place to ask around... ....please bear with me......

I've been out in Hong Kong 3 times in the past 4 years and I'm coming back out this year for a couple of weeks. I would absolutely love the opportunity to work out there. I graduated last year with a B.Eng(Hons) in Avionics from an accredited RAeS university and I'm currently an Associate with the RAeS. I'm working towards CEng status as an Aircraft Systems Engineer with a global aerospace company - I don't want to drop names, as you never know who reads this thing!! :\ It's a matrix organisation so I work in 2 teams: project and department. ......and I'm in the process of learning Mandarin too (only spoken!!)

Is it possible for a guy like me to get a job out there? I do understand some of the difficulties of gaining employment out in the Far East... I have a lot of transferable skills and good experience for someone who has been in the job a year (my personal opinion of course :ok: ). I have experience of a full product lifecycle - i.e have been on the project from launch to customer delivery as well as working very closely with the customer throughout, so I'm aware of customer requirements and the support required, as well as the technical aspect of the job.

I do apologise if that's too much unnecessary information, but I wanted to emphasise my enthusiasm :O In a tiny nutshell: I love Hong Kong and aviation. Any thoughts and/or suggestions are, as always, greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks in advance

McAero

McAero
9th Jul 2006, 07:15
Wow........response overload!! :cool:

Oh, I forgot to mention that my current project is the 777-300ER. Not sure if that changes your opinion on anything. Nice aircraft to fly too.

spannersatcx
10th Jul 2006, 15:53
It is possible, send me a pm with what department you would like to try and get into and I will see if I can point you in the right direction.

There may be a bit of a wait as I am away at the moment with limited tinternet access.