PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Float Endorsement-Qld or East Coast Australia

nana yabiznus
8th Jul 2006, 00:05
I am trying to find someone preferably in SE Qld but really anywhere on the east coast of Australia who can help me out with a fixed float endorsement for a Bell 47. Any help greatly appreciated.:ok:

helmet fire
8th Jul 2006, 02:57
Try Tub Matheson and Ian Paull at Chopperline in SE QLD. Fantastic instructors and lots of experience.

imabell
8th Jul 2006, 03:46
fantastic and experienced as they are they will have a very hard time finding a machine of any description with fixed floats on the coast.

everyone has gone to pop outs but you still need the fixed float endorsement.

makes it hard.:ugh:

Rich Lee
8th Jul 2006, 04:04
A fixed float endorsement for a helicopter? What next, a fixed tri-cycle wheel endorsement, a retractable gear endorsement, a tail wheel endorsement, a pop-out float endorsement, a damped skid endorsement, a leaf spring endorsement ..... where does it end?:ugh:

masteroff
8th Jul 2006, 04:40
Try Airwork Helicopters at Caboolture.

Nigel Osborn
8th Jul 2006, 06:36
Unless the rules have changed recently, pop outs don't need a fixed float endorsement.:confused:

jetflite
8th Jul 2006, 07:38
www.airwork.com.au, 07 5495 8000,

Helicopters pty. ltd Bankstown, 02 9791-1900

Helibiz, whitsundays Phone: 07 4946 9422

Gulf Line Aviation
PO Box 994, Mareeba, Qld, 4880
Ph: 07 4035 9188
Fax: 07 4035 9322
Email: [email protected]

Freecall: 1800 458 458 (Free call within Australia) I knwo these guys have a B47 float equipped on hand. :ok:

nana yabiznus
8th Jul 2006, 07:46
Thanks for your comments so far.

masteroff
I have already contacted Airwork and they don't have a suitable machine on floats available at the moment, although they did say that they could fit floats to one of their machines purely for the endorsement, but I'm trying to avoid that expense if possible.

helmetfire
Will try Chopperline although I don't think they have access to a B47 on floats either.

Nigel Osborn
Thanks for the advice but I'm looking at a fixed float operation.

jetflite
Thanks mate. I will check these other guys out.

Any further assistance would be much appreciated.:ok: :D

Oogle
8th Jul 2006, 12:10
Nigel - Quite correct.

Fixed floats are a separate endorsement onto each aircraft type. (CAO 40.3.0 Appendix II)

The one saving grace for you (if you already hold a Bell 47 endorsement) is that there is no minimum time quoted for the float endorsement. You have to adequately demonstrate an autorotation, take off and landing from the water and manoeuvering. :eek:

bellfest
8th Jul 2006, 12:39
It's worth doing just for the pleasure of autoing a 47 on the water. They could rival JC himself with their forgiveness:)

Texdoc
8th Jul 2006, 23:08
Nana ya biznus,

There was a 47 with fixed floats that was operating from Moreton Island, or so it appeared to me, I was pretty sure it had "Moreton Island Helicopters" on the AC but can not find any info about it now (I last saw the AC about a year ago.)

Could be worth a call too Tangalooma Resort to see if the AC still operates... then may be you could get it over to Airwork for your endorsement or such.

Anyway short of any other leads could be worth a look...

nana yabiznus
9th Jul 2006, 05:29
Texdoc,

Thanks for the lead but i think you,ll find that the machine in question is a KH4 without dual controls.:{ :ugh:

topendtorque
9th Jul 2006, 13:02
Nigel - Quite correct.

The one saving grace for you (if you already hold a Bell 47 endorsement) is that there is no minimum time quoted for the float endorsement. You have to adequately demonstrate an autorotation, take off and landing from the water and manoeuvering. :eek:

There ya go, y'all got that Nigel? manoeuvering too!!