PDA

View Full Version : Future of aviation

PaulD
7th Jul 2006, 23:16
What do you think would be a job market for pilots in 5-10 years? For me it seems that situation worsens all the time. I want to be a pilot, but not now, maybe in 6-8 years time. I afraid that by then, training cost go up even more, it would be even more difficult to find a job and pilot’s salaries will drop. The job of a pilot gradually drop its "coolness", it is likely that in 20 years time it will become ordinary job, not respected and not well paid.:sad: At this moment I want to be wrong, but unfortunately aviation is developing so quickly, aircrafts are getting so computerized and easier to use that soon few hours of flying would be enough to get ATPL. Again, I hope that I’m wrong here.:) I just don’t want to be a pilot in the world that I described. It looks ok to begin career today, but it’s even theoretically impossible for me at this time. What do I have to expect in the future?

CaptR
7th Jul 2006, 23:19
If I was you I would have a read of the thread "The coming decline of Aviation" (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=233711) and research what it says before making up your mind!

PaulD
7th Jul 2006, 23:35
If I was you I would have a read of the thread "The coming decline of Aviation" and research what it says before making up your mind!

This article tells about possible decline of aviation, while as I see aviation develops too quickly, which is good for people, but not as good for pilots.