PDA

View Full Version : Barber

Park n Shop
7th Jul 2006, 03:53
Can anyone suggest a good Barber anywhere in HK.:{
Like the ones in Aus that take 10mins and are men and cut mens hair only.
Please no kids they take 45mins for an uneven crap job and spend most of there time cutting ladies hair.
Is there a real Barber in HK?:cool:

Left Wing
7th Jul 2006, 07:13
you are in hair cut hell ! :{ :{ :{ :mad: :\ get your cuts while on lay overs..no mens baber shops in all of HK..other than 5* hotels

smiley41
7th Jul 2006, 10:03
1) Barber Shop on Wellington Street, Central (near to LKF)

2) Fleet Arcade, Wanchai

3)Taliana 1st floor Hutchison House, Central

Dan Winterland
7th Jul 2006, 13:39
Tung Chung Fu Tung Plaza. Three styles: Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan or Bhuddist Monk!

Hayaaa!

Fly747
7th Jul 2006, 13:41
Nip across to Shenzen, they've got some very good barber shops there. You can even get your hair cut.

petitfromage
7th Jul 2006, 15:27
1/F Hutchison House. (Talina)
10mins, limited English - no time to chat.
Old school with plenty of Hustler Mags
$140

Peel St
Old time, proper Barber
No frills, next to no English.
Choi-Dai-De & Horse Racing (if your Canto is up to it)
$80

moosp
7th Jul 2006, 16:17
Ocean Barber, Ashley Road TST, just up from Peking Road on the RHS, 1st floor. Used to tourist head shapes and speak enough English to get through.
Resist the pomade they try to put on at the end. It kills seagulls at 50 meters.

Denzil
7th Jul 2006, 20:39
Dan, are you & the boy's all sporting the Bhuddist Monk then???? Remember the Fu Tung Plaza well, you could take 10 minutes to explain & still get the same haircut. Only thing to do was get down to Stars Bar & go for the rapid hair growth San Miguel!!!!!!!

sizematters
8th Jul 2006, 00:38
chung king mansions..............TST/Nathan Road 1st floor Indian Barbers........................plus you can have a nice ruby murray (Curry for igno's) after .....................

leopold bloom
8th Jul 2006, 13:39
YMCA in TST, $80

christep
8th Jul 2006, 18:23
There are hundreds of real barbers shops around - just look for the traditional "rotating poles". The difficulty may be that in many of them very little or no English is spoken, so if you have non-trivial requirements then you may need to go to the specifically English speaking ones (some of which are mentioned above). But you'll pay something of a premium. My local place does a cut for $72 and can cope with "#8 on top, #6 on the sides", which does me. There are places around which will do it for $55 or so, but with less attention to detail I find...

Flying Bagel
8th Jul 2006, 20:56
There are places around which will do it for $55 or so, but with less attention to detail I find...

Does that mean when you ask for a #6, they give you a #6.5?

sizematters
9th Jul 2006, 08:29
any further attempts at humour will be severely reprimanded...........................................

keep up thre good work................

Ooops, sorry, better cut it short....................

Park n Shop
10th Jul 2006, 00:13
Thankyou for your input guys, will give a couple of the suggested Barbers a go.
Cheers:rolleyes: