PDA

View Full Version : Netherlands Antilles

Mikila1A
4th Jul 2006, 20:53
Hi Folks,

Would anyone have an idea of any operator flying off or too the island ofCuracao in the south Caribbean. I beleive the capital is correctly called Willemstad.

Any or all infomation on any rotorcraft activity would be greatly apprciated!

cheer

MK!

212man
4th Jul 2006, 21:02
Would this be a good starting point?

http://www.yellowpages-curacao.com/Categories/Shops+%26+Services/Helicopter+services

TIMTS
5th Jul 2006, 01:27
The only helicopter operator in Curacao is Speedy Kopter. They did police work in an R-44. Now both R-44s (Curacao and St. Maarten had one each) are supposedly in St. Maarten, after they lost the police contract down in Curacao.

alouette
5th Jul 2006, 09:48
Hey,

I used to fly on Curacao for the Police Department, but that is already some moons ago. I went throught the internet search engines but "Pelican Air", the original helo service must have ceased operations some time ago because the only results I get is "domain builders". The only operator I know about is in St. Maarten.

Apparently a friend of mine got hooked on the R44 to fly for the police there. Speedykopter did not succeed in Curacao with a long term aerial law enforcement contract (we had problems with contract renewals in the pre-speedykopter era). Anyway, there also used to be "Colibri Helicopters" in Aruba. Some guy from Colorado tried to establish a service way back in 1999. Since I have not found any listings I assume this operation is also terminated.

Good luck in your search:ok:

Alouette

B Sousa
5th Jul 2006, 18:29
Interesting from one of the former drivers. I remember the ad for work back then in Curacao or Aruba.. Think it was Pelican at the time. Called the guy up just for Jollies. You fly yourself down here for an interview and we will think about it....ha ha What a joke. One of the Military guys also mentioned they had a few holes similar to Bullet holes at some time.....
TIMTS can speak for St Martin. They started with an R-44 and hopefully things will get better. Good guys there, pilots at least.

alouette
5th Jul 2006, 18:53
To B Sousa:

Yo, dude. I can vow for that bullet hole. That was the first thing I saw when I got down there, and I almost whizzed into my pants - way back in 1997 though. Hey, I even got pictures to prove the whole thing. I also have pics that show how the plastic windows were stitched together with safety wire. So much for past glory. I guess the last thing I heard was that G. T. went to Aruba to seek greener pastures. :}

alouette
5th Jul 2006, 20:43
that I will never forget. The first week I was there a cop got shot point blank. It was actually my first nite flight. The dead cop left a family of three kids, and you know one can say anything bad about Pelican Air or whatever, but dealing with this guy's grieving parents, and the Netherlands Antilles Police Department doinf f...all about it speaks for itself. I remember in particular his older son...and now I finish my banter.

Sorry, I had to get rid of this. :(