PDA

View Full Version : Flight Safety International

felixflyer
3rd Jul 2006, 11:47
I see Flight Safety International are offering an interview with Loganair to anyone who completes the Saab TR.

Do people here think this is more of a Gimmick to do the course or are Loganair in need of pilots at the moment?

Also would a Saab TR be of much use in the UK if you were unsuccessful with Loganair?

rziola
3rd Jul 2006, 11:58
Hello

I assume you are America or hold a Green Card? You won't be hired if you are not American, even Green Cards holders are having issue being hired.

Also, I would imagine you need about 700-1200 hours minimum.
Just my 2 cents worth!
Richard

felixflyer
3rd Jul 2006, 12:05
Am i missing something here?

I thought Loganair was a scottish airline!:confused:

Groundloop
3rd Jul 2006, 12:17
I think you will find he is talking about Flight Safety at Farnborough. Where does the US and green card come in?

Fat Clemenza
3rd Jul 2006, 13:37
Logan ARE in dire need for pilots, their requirements can go as low as 600TT...for US citizens or permanent residents.

felixflyer
3rd Jul 2006, 19:29
I think there may be some confusion here. The Loganair i am talking about is based in Scotland. Why would i need a US Visa.

felixflyer
3rd Jul 2006, 19:50
Sorry, i was mistaken. I have had a look at the advert again and it is an MCC course not the TR course!

elevengflyer
4th Jul 2006, 21:52
Not seen the advert yet, but to answer the original question, why should you be able to buy an interview with a certain airline just by doing the MCC with a certain provider? Presumably they will then ask you to stump up some extra (and very large) sum of cash towards the type rating. Surely the interview should go to the most suitable candidate for the job?

I did MCC with a well known provider, but this has not been enough to secure any job with anybody yet. I am now advised that I should consider self funding a type rating (more cash) and still have no guarantee at the end.

Perhaps I should self fund the lease of my own aircraft as well, then I might get a look in. Sounds cynical, but I started the process VERY positively and have since become very despondent with the whole business of it.