PDA

View Full Version : Meditation

captwannabe
3rd Jul 2006, 10:34
I've heard that meditation can help to lower your heart rate since you are more relaxed. Would it help during your medical, for example, when doing the ECG? Has anyone tried this?

Cheers ;) :ok:

Old Smokey
3rd Jul 2006, 11:33
Close your eyes and think of England.:ok:

(The origin of this remark was somewhat carnal in origin, but it works for me!):E

Regards,

Old Smokey

captwannabe
4th Jul 2006, 18:10
Look at my location! ;) Certainly won't work for me! :rolleyes:

Old Smokey
5th Jul 2006, 01:12
OK, OK, I'll read it next time!:O

May I suggest instead, Close your eyes and think of Ireland!:ok:

I couldn't help but post Queen Victoria's remark when I saw your post, but on a more serious note, yes, a policy of deliberately relaxing during an ECG will certainly help. I don't know a thing about meditation techniques etc., but NOT thinking about sex, the last letter you received that began with "Unless", etc., and thinking serene thoughts works for me.:zzz:

Regards,

Old Smokey

chrisbl
5th Jul 2006, 07:58
The trick is to stop the other muscles in the body twitching. Just practice lying really still for 45 seconds at a time.

Mama Mangrove
5th Jul 2006, 08:21
Many years ago an old doctor in UK with whom I used to do my medicals told me that he recommended pilots with blood pressure problems to attend a course of transcendental meditation. I tried and found that it worked for me.

captwannabe
5th Jul 2006, 09:24
Cheers, I might try transcendental meditation. :ok: Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Old Smokey
9th Jul 2006, 09:10
Just don't try one of those meditation techniques that puts you into a suspended animation state. You might get a 'flat line' ECG and wake up in a dark confined space!:ooh: :eek: :ooh: :eek: :eek: :O

Regards,

Old Smokey