PDA

View Full Version : July's Calendar

BlenderPilot
2nd Jul 2006, 02:33
http://homepage.mac.com/helipilot/PPRuNe/July1024x768.jpg

I'm sorry for the delay, it's been hell (and heaven too) around here, presidential elections here tomorrow, lots of work to do. I made a post so that you Ladies and Gentlemen would send me pictures for the calendar but as it turns out I didn't get any, and since I forgot about it until Heliport kindly remided me, I just used what I had in my hard drive.

July 1280 x 1024 Resolution (http://homepage.mac.com/helipilot/PPRuNe/July1280x1024.jpg)

July 1024 x 768 Resolution (http://homepage.mac.com/helipilot/PPRuNe/July1024x768.jpg)

Brian Dixon
2nd Jul 2006, 11:53
Thank you, BP.

As always, very much appreciated.
Brian

Toohey29
2nd Jul 2006, 17:28
thanks as always for the desk top......for some reason i can't get it to fit my screen this time .......just have to have a long long ranger intsead this month:ok:

toohey

Pandalet
3rd Jul 2006, 09:32
For the rank amateurs among us, what are the various helicopters in the pics? I'm guessing the top left green jobbie is a jetranger, but not too sure about the others...

Ta :)

Whirlygig
3rd Jul 2006, 10:05
Pandalet, the top left is green and black one, the bottom left is a red one. Top right is a white and yellow one and the bottom right is orange and grey!

Actually the bottom right one, is exactly the same colours as my Triumph Bonneville; they called the scheme Lucifer and Silver! Still orange and grey!!

I have to admit, I'm not good at identifying helicopters either especially from odd angles or where there's no indication of scale. I think the red one is a Long Ranger and the Lucifer/Silver is an A109. Might stick my neck out and suggest that the white/yellow one is a BK117?

Cheers

Whirls

jetflite
3rd Jul 2006, 10:12
I think.................... it goes something like,
Jetranger
BK117
B407
A109grand

Whirlygig
3rd Jul 2006, 10:35
Bell 407, of course it is. I suppose the four blades is the cleverly hidden clue :ugh:

Cheers

Whirls

BlenderPilot
3rd Jul 2006, 15:42
Hey I didn't like the calendar myself but at least it got you guys thinking!

cptjim
3rd Jul 2006, 21:48
Hey I didn't like the calendar myself but at least it got you guys thinking!

HEY, Don't let BlenderPilot hear you talking like that or he'll kick your a....OH, you are BlenderPilot! :}

I thought it was great with a real good use of different colours, especially the 109, nice paint job!!

I look forward to the next installment :ok:

Jim :cool:

Pandalet
4th Jul 2006, 07:56
Thanks Whirly and jetflite - allowed me to look all knowledgable and smug in front of co-workers, right up to the point where someone asked me how many of those I could actually fly...

ah, well...one day! :ok:

212man
4th Jul 2006, 21:05
I'm sure you could fly all of them; you just don't have a type rating!

If it makes you feel better, I'm not type rated on any of them either:)

MD900 Explorer
5th Jul 2006, 10:03
jetflite

How do you know it is a AB 109 Grand and not a Power?

MD:E

jetflite
5th Jul 2006, 12:07
I don't..:} .. i based it on the window design, maybe i have it back to front.... the grand has the larger 2nd window as oppose to the powers skinny and longer 2nd window...:p

Heliport
14th Jul 2006, 12:30
Thanks Carlos.

Excellent calendar. :ok:

Heliport