PDA

View Full Version : burn your CAA license.

A320rider
28th Jun 2006, 17:29
No job after years, I have decided to fire up this useless stupid CAA license in front of the CAA office, and a UK flag in same time!!in sign of protestation.
this is probably the stupidest piece of :mad: I have .Not only it was expensive, but it is voluminous (unlike the FAA credit card size license).

femaleWannabe
28th Jun 2006, 17:35
and you wonder why you can't get a job....:rolleyes:

mcgoo
28th Jun 2006, 17:40
make sure you don't drop the match on yourself wont you! :E

Fair_Weather_Flyer
28th Jun 2006, 17:41
As is often the case with this bloke, the second part of his post made sense. That blue book is a bit porky. I'm not ready to burn it just yet though.

LAX
28th Jun 2006, 17:58
Let us know when and where. Could do with a good laugh! Knowing the CAA they'll call the fire department and give you a good hosing down!

Mercenary Pilot
28th Jun 2006, 18:25
I like the CAA (JAA) licence, it looks expensive and i can keep my passport, medical and FAA card in it! :ok:

A320rider
You crack me up...please make a video and post it on here when you do it, I will especially like the part when special branch & friends turn up:D :E

YYZ
28th Jun 2006, 19:45
Whilst were discussing this, why doesn’t the CAA licence have the owner’s photo in it?

A friend of mine lost his when somebody stole his car and he had left it in his flight bag in the boot, this could now be used by anyone to assist in hiring an aircraft, just seems a bit backward to me.

A320, if you burn your licence you subscription to PPRuNe may be revoked:}

YYZ

mcgoo
28th Jun 2006, 19:57
A320, if you burn your licence you subscription to PPRuNe may be revoked:}
YYZ

lets hope so :E

captwannabe
28th Jun 2006, 20:17
Haha! I needed a good laugh! :) :D There may be a career in comedy for you yet! :ok:

mad_jock
28th Jun 2006, 20:52
The photo point is a very good point.

Burning your CPL, sorry just have the bits of paper left. All the ratings sheets have been lifted to the next license. The Blue cover has been given to some one who's has fallen to pieces due to to much time in the flight bag working. Sticking speed tape up the spine seems to improve the life expectancy by about 5 years. So thats 4 bits of paper left. Do you want me to send them to you A320? You can have my MCC cert as well that should burn well its 3k for a bit of paper which is worth **** all in the grand scope of things.

I suspect that with all such things, the paper actually remains the property of the CAA.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
28th Jun 2006, 21:26
Let us know when and where. Could do with a good laugh! Knowing the CAA they'll call the fire department and give you a good hosing down

Yes, and they will probably charge you for it, on the basis of, the longer it takes to put you out will be directly proportional to the cost :).

Jimmy The Big Greek
28th Jun 2006, 21:49
"burning a U.K flag" is not a very nice thing to say. I am not from the U.K but I think that you should apologise to all U.K citizens on this forum.
I don't think that the U.K forced you to spend your money in aviation.

I really don't understand how scroggs can tolerate this kind of things. :mad:

...........Get a life DildoRider

mad_jock
28th Jun 2006, 22:27
Jimmy i don't have a problem with burning the UK flag or a scottish,
english or welsh or NI.

I do have a problem with burning auntie bettys personal flag buts thats a personal thing. And you would find a 17 stone angry scotsman shouting "stand to, fighting wedge" "fix bayonets and at the bastards" with a few beers inside of me. I would recommend having a look for the Sharpe Books or Master and commander, Or the excellent DVD from the BBC called Ungentlemenly Act which is about the Falklands. I think the most tradional line of which out of the whole feature is a colour sargent of the Royal Naval Marines when asked to surrender replied with "**** off you spic wnaker, fire for effect" nice i know but he did hold off 17 argy's with 3 men. And I believe even after they got sent home they were all back for the finale day even if 2 of them disgraced themselves by being refused medals by the pardre for conduct unbecoming of a british solder

We don't need a symbol for our history or our pride. We are british we are who we are. The internal fighting is for the arseholes who proberly don't even know what happend 200 years ago. Which is why we will NEVER be a proper part of the EU in its present form.

The debate on the who you get your bit of paper off is very minor in the grand scope of things. Please leave dealing with swiss gob****es to the locals.

A320rider
29th Jun 2006, 01:33
"burning a U.K flag" is not a very nice thing to say. I am not from the U.K but I think that you should apologise to all U.K citizens on this forum.
I don't think that the U.K forced you to spend your money in aviation.
I really don't understand how scroggs can tolerate this kind of things. :mad:
...........Get a life DildoRider
Oh baby, I've hurt your feeling.
do you want I call an ambulance???:}
(I need one too, I am flagophobe!!!)

Yes, the CAA has forced me to spend my money in their "crooks association", they have even charged me VAT after I have said it was for education purpose, but they have charged me anyway!They told me I did not have the choice....so yes, I am going to change this piece of :mad: to ash and change my license by another country.

Elias
29th Jun 2006, 03:26
My 2 cents:
Mr A320 is, how do you say.., an " agent provocateur ". He/She, in reallity flies an A340, for a great company, and couldn't enjoy life anymore. But He has this extrange fetish, where when He/She checks in the Hilton/Sheraton, cannot help but stir things up a little.( dude, if You are not.. anyway ).

Wee Weasley Welshman
29th Jun 2006, 06:13
Well that's probably enough of this nonsense for now.

The UK enjoys a vibrant flight training industry which offers a wide spectrum of training options from the cheap to the expensive. The CAA has a healthy oversight role and operates with a generally light touch and is at least aware of the phrase customer service which is more than can be said for some national state regulating bodies...

The UK job market is one of the most fertile in Europe at the moment.

Burn what you want where you want. Nutter. :\

Cheers