PDA

View Full Version : Offer

kraggy
28th Jun 2006, 16:50
hey there,

just got email telling me that i've been offered a place in Bournemouth on condition of passing medical and security clearance etc.

i've checeked my application on nats site and it says that there are no medical slots available at this time but was wondering how long of a time gap is there between offer and medical usually?

thanks.

SACrIGGER
28th Jun 2006, 17:23
Hi,

Check you pm's

Ian Dickson.

kraggy
3rd Jul 2006, 13:53
hi,

can anyone tell me how long i would be in the medical centre in Swanwick for a medical with waiting to be seen and the duration of the medical itself?

thanks

Someone_Else
3rd Jul 2006, 13:56
Around an hour, though if you are planning flights around it I would add some time on it to be safe!

kraggy
3rd Jul 2006, 14:54
thanks a million.

just booked it there.

one last thing, how far is the medical centre from Southampton airport? in time or miles...

cheers:)

Gonzo
3rd Jul 2006, 15:07
one last thing, how far is the medical centre from Southampton airport? in time

Quite a long time if you walk there!

You're about to embark upon a career where quick thinking, resourcefulness and imigination are paramount. Where do you think you could find this information out for yourself? :E

mattcarus
3rd Jul 2006, 15:50
Surely asking someone who knows is a legitimate and resourceful way of finding out...

Gonzo
3rd Jul 2006, 16:12
So one could go to many route planner websites or search engine map sites to find out in a few minutes, but no, instead, one will post a message on a thread in PPRuNe and wait for a few hours until someone can be bothered to reply.:ugh:

Don't take it personally kraggy or mattcarus, But I see this sort of questioning more and more, especially about the application process.

Do a bit of work, a bit of research. It pays off. Training as an ATCO takes a hell of a lot of work, you can't just ask for the answer. If that's how you work, then good luck, as you won't make through the training. In fact, you won't make it through the interview.

kraggy
3rd Jul 2006, 16:15
Dearest Gonzo,

I had actually checked theaa.com for a route plan in order to get the distance from Southampton Airport to the Medical Centre.

However, 2 issues came up:

First of all, the specific address of the Medical Centre has not been sent to me.

Secondly, i recalled that the last time i obtained a route plan from theaa.com it did, in actual fact, send me astray adding 1.5 hours on to my journey.

And so i posted a message on this website....

smellysnelly2004
3rd Jul 2006, 16:17
SO31 7AY, I believe

Carbide Finger
3rd Jul 2006, 16:19
SO31 7AY is the postcode for Swanwick and the medical centre is down the corridors on the left as you walk in the main entrance (you won't find that bit on theaa.com!)

CF

Beaten to it by smelly!

Quincy M.E.
4th Jul 2006, 09:17
But the initial medical is carried out at Heathrow, not Swanick.

Gonzo
4th Jul 2006, 09:39
Not anymore

Quincy M.E.
4th Jul 2006, 09:41
Oh right. Had mine just in time then! :E

Dances with Boffins
4th Jul 2006, 13:32
Remember when we had a personnel department who answered questions like this.....?:ugh:

Spitoon
4th Jul 2006, 16:09
Be even better if there was an HR Department that provided that information. But I guess some things don't change over 20 years!

Gonzo
4th Jul 2006, 16:18
As far as I know, there's only one person who's wholly dedicated to ATCO recruitment in HR. As hard as she works, I don't think she can be classed as a 'department'.