PDA

View Full Version : A300 Missed Approach at Wrong Airfield!!!

fantaman
28th Jun 2006, 10:24
Just been discussing this on another aviation forum.

Apparently an ACT Airlines Airbus A300 made an approach for RAF Fairford last Friday whilst mistaking it for RAF Lyneham. Just had a look at the airlines website and that says it all really, looks a bit unprofessional in my opinion.

Oh well, at least the punters at RAF Fairford were treated to a low flyby! :}

beamer
28th Jun 2006, 10:40
Would almost be forgiveable if he was going to Brize - single runway, just down the road etc but Lyneham is soemwhat further away !

DrKev
28th Jun 2006, 14:00
Just had a look at the airlines website and that says it all really, looks a bit unprofessional in my opinion.

...which says absolutely nothing relevant whatsoever, other than suggesting you have your own bias against ACT airlines and you don't need much by way of evidence to convice yourself that you are correct. :ugh:

Please, post some hard facts or don't bother at all.

spud
28th Jun 2006, 17:59
It's increasingly becoming the case that you have to think twice before you say nothing on this board ! Shame - it's still a rumour site isn't it ?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
28th Jun 2006, 18:05
Given that the two airfields are about 15 miles apart and do not have similarly aligned runways I find this extremely difficult to believe. It must surely have been under radar control?

Lots more info needed....

fantaman
28th Jun 2006, 18:17
...which says absolutely nothing relevant whatsoever, other than suggesting you have your own bias against ACT airlines and you don't need much by way of evidence to convice yourself that you are correct. :ugh:

Please, post some hard facts or don't bother at all.
Yes thats right, I'm bias. I'm actually a work for another cargo company, here, follow the link to our site http://www.raf.mod.uk/equipment/hercules.html. As you can see, its a bit better looking than ACT's :=

As for more fact, I'm sorry, I can only tell you what I've heard from the lad who claims to have been working somewhere when he seen it happen on his radar.

PPRuNe - Proffesional Pilots Rumour Network

Doors to Automatic
29th Jun 2006, 10:23
It's increasingly becoming the case that you have to think twice before you say nothing on this board !

Why? Just ignore the loud-mouthed prima donnas and post away!

NutLoose
29th Jun 2006, 23:34
Yes thats right, I'm bias. I'm actually a work for another cargo company, here, follow the link to our site http://www.raf.mod.uk/equipment/hercules.html. As you can see, its a bit better looking than ACT's :=

PPRuNe - Proffesional Pilots Rumour Network

Haa I to worked for the same company for 15 years and believe me it isnt all its cracked up to be, You tend to be blinkered and a bit brainwashed, you will find this out when you progress out into the real world.. :}