PDA

View Full Version : Looking for name of movie

onedaymaybe?
28th Jun 2006, 09:27
There is old blaack and white movie which I am desperatly trying to find the name of..

It is about an airline at a British airport ( gatwick I believe) flying international operations..

There are a number of stories within the movie..including the pilot who is seeing a woman who wants him to import something illegal into the country, also about a couple who are trying to see each other but their flights keep missing each other..

The operations manager is a pilot who has had his medical taken from him...the final scene of the movie has one of the pilots offering one of the cabin crew a lift...while asking her for some relationship advice...

I have seen it a number of years ago, but am really dying to know what it was called...

Peter Barron
28th Jun 2006, 12:21
onedaymaybe?

The film is called Out of the Clouds.
I think your memory might be playing tricks on you :)

The film is in colour, it is set at Heathrow not Gatwick.

Robert Beatty is the Ops manager who has the medical condition, Anthony Steele is the pilot in the BOAC Constellation in the smuggling story, James Robertson Justice is the pilot who does not want to fly the BOAC Stratocruiser because he suspects engine trouble, David Knight is the man in the love story part of the film who keeps missing the girl.

A truely great film because it is in colour and has some wonderful flying shots of real Airliners which are all period.:D

Hope this helps.
Peter

foxile
29th Jun 2006, 15:58
More info on the film here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047319/