PDA

View Full Version : Did you fly the Hunter?

Wholigan
28th Jun 2006, 04:57
Are you an ex-RAF Hunter pilot? Would you like to catch up with all those old blokes you haven’t seen for years?

Nigel Walpole (and Tim Webb) are organising a reunion for all those involved with the Hunter at Kemble Air Services on Sunday 10 September 06, to coincide with the ten year anniversary of the resident Delta Jets and their families day.

Kemble has generously agreed to waive admission charges for the Hunter fraternity and their guests. There will be some flying activity, hopefully including Hunters with the resident Kemble aircraft, and some visitors (being worked on), and - of course – there will be appropriate refreshment. The gates will open at 1030 and the main event will continue until 1600. No formal social functions are planned, but the Saturday and Sunday evenings offer excellent opportunities for groups of Hunter veterans to get together in the club bar/restaurant on the airfield at Kemble (by pre-arrangement) or at local hostelries. These activities, accommodation and transport must be left to personal arrangements but comprehensive local facilities are accessible on the Cirencester web-site ( www.cirencester.co.uk ) or through the town’s tourist office.

In order to ensure that adequate facilities are provided and to prepare name tags for proper entitlements, would you please PM me (without commitment) if you feel you might like to attend, and with how many guests. I will then pass this on to Nigel Walpole. Obviously, please give me your contact details so that Nigel can contact you.

You can also let me know if you are happy for me to pass on your contact details to Tim Webb so that he can update his “Hunter” data base.

jindabyne
8th Jul 2006, 13:26
Many takers Wholi?

newt
9th Jul 2006, 12:32
Hi Wholigan

Just a thought but is Tim Webb only interested in those who flew the Hunter on a DFGA Squadron? I seem to remember the last time he was looking for Hunter pilots it did not include those of us who flew it and instructed on it at TWU!

PS What is it like being a QFI? Suppose you carry 6 coloured pens around all the time now??

BEagle
9th Jul 2006, 19:01
Is that true? DFGA-mafiosi only? Aren't most of them dribbling wrecks nowadays - at least, those who haven't already succumbed to terminal cirrhosis?

Oh - and QFIs need only 4 coloured dry markers.

Happiness is, of course, Hunter-shaped!

Blueooooooooooooohh notes to all!

Wholigan
9th Jul 2006, 21:05
Not exactly sure what their criteria are for this bash, but I would have thought that if you flew it ------- you flew it!!! Come along and have a beer or 12 anyway mate!

West Coast
10th Jul 2006, 05:10
What about helicopter guys. Will you take Helo guys? We like beer as well.