PDA

View Full Version : Sea Fury FB11 Birdstrike, Margate 17 June

FB11
27th Jun 2006, 16:48
For the best action shot in a while, have a look at the latest news article on the RNHF website:

http://www.royalnavyhistoricflight.org.uk/home.htm

After the impact, which I felt nothing of (Hawker do make a good solid aircraft) I was massively fed up that I may have finished the flying season for VR930 so early on. Imagine my relief when I saw the damage on the ground! If you're going to hit a bird, do it the way I did. She'll be ready again for Yeovilton Air Day on the 8th after the boys have worked their magic on her.

I shudder to think how that same bird would have damaged my daytime aircraft, the GR7/7A/9. I certainly wouldn't have been flying home so soon.

FB11

treadigraph
27th Jun 2006, 22:40
I bet that spoiled the Gull's day! That's a hell of a dent! Glad all was well for you and our beloved Sea Fury.

In the too oft repeated words of Flypast, will she be at Legends?

FB11
28th Jun 2006, 06:15
VR930 will be at Legends, arriving after an early slot at Yeovilton. You may notice a slightly shiny engine cowling in comparison to the rest ofthe aircraft. Soon be dirty though.

FB11

TD&H
28th Jun 2006, 12:34
FB11, glad to hear all is OK with you and the Sea Fury.

Wanted to express thanks for the lovely show of the FAA aeroplanes at Shuttleworth the other week. Best show we've seen there in many years, absolutely wonderful to see four Navy aeroplanes together.

From what I gather the idea for the four ship was put together not long before the show, and no chance to practice. Which means your display was even better for that.

Hope to see you return to OW and hopefully to team up with the Seafire and Sea Hurricane again.

fradu
30th Jun 2006, 11:46
FB11,

Will you be displaying her at Yeovilton/Legends?
It'll be good to meet you again!

Mark