PDA

View Full Version : The cheek of it!

Op Tastic
26th Jun 2006, 15:06
A man came up to me the other day who had the unmitigated temerity to say, "Hello."

Has anyone else had a similar brush with such disdainful attitude?

Apologies to Messrs Derrek, Clive.

Green Meat
26th Jun 2006, 18:09
Someone double-whammied me with 'good morning' then nipped off smartly before he could be identified or even replied to. Chucked the etiquette manual at him, but missed :(

sonicstomp
26th Jun 2006, 20:31
Provocative f*cker!

That's outrageous!

Zoom
26th Jun 2006, 20:33
I had both of those experiences on the same day. What a remarkable coincidence!

microlight AV8R
26th Jun 2006, 20:56
Quite un-called for ! :*

flipster
26th Jun 2006, 20:59
******g ***t!

Jackonicko
26th Jun 2006, 21:06
I haven't had such an experience, but did I ever tell you about the worst job I ever had?

:ok:

Vim_Fuego
26th Jun 2006, 21:15
No danger of such behaviour at a secret HQ near London.... Everyone seems to just stare at their shoes when in close order with another human...

Jointery at its best...

Pontius Navigator
26th Jun 2006, 21:34
I had both of those experiences on the same day. What a remarkable coincidence!

RAFP per chance?

MightyGem
26th Jun 2006, 21:47
Jetblast, jetblast....go!

Op Tastic
27th Jun 2006, 09:35
Mighty... it's all very well suggesting this thread should go to JetBlast, but you just don't get the same level of witty reply as in this fine fourm.

With your apparent lack of humour, you may well be one of the original victims of Messrs Derek / Clive. Ever considered jumping from a building onto a blanket?

All together now...

sonicstomp
27th Jun 2006, 10:18
A rousing chorus of "There was no blanket!" please....

Lara crofts pants
27th Jun 2006, 10:28
I have no examples of pleasantry exchange, however, a person at my place of work displayed the ultimate cheek by daring to do a job that needed doing just the other day. Not only that, but he did it without without asking, and then, if that wasn't enough, he dared to looked pleased with himself. On seeking guidance from QRs I found that I can now discharge him from the service, the cocky t***.!!!

mutleyfour
27th Jun 2006, 10:54
Maybe not the right thread but here goes;

Why is it that its ok for a person of higher rank in the Air Force to call a lower rank by their first name but not be best pleased when that same person replies equally by using the corresponding first name?

Blimey, that was a mouthful

Op Tastic
27th Jun 2006, 11:17
OK, as this is a rumour forum, I'll start one...

It is rumoured that the RAF is to close at COP today. There, done it. Now for continuing the D/C humour...

The worst job I ever 'ad was...

...Wines Member...terrible. What's yours?

mutleyfour
27th Jun 2006, 12:18
OK, as this is a rumour forum, I'll start one...
It is rumoured that the RAF is to close at COP today. There, done it. Now for continuing the D/C humour...
The worst job I ever 'ad was...
...Wines Member...terrible. What's yours?

I thought it closed in 1945!

Green Flash
27th Jun 2006, 12:45
Worst job?

Picking lobsters out of Jayne Mansfield's bum!!!:E

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
27th Jun 2006, 13:36
mutleyfour (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=44530)

"Why is it that its ok for a person of higher rank in the Air Force to call a lower rank by their first name but not be best pleased when that same person replies equally by using the corresponding first name?"

It's the way it is because that's what we do. The Navy has the same SOP on this; but then it's called tradition.

G BZ

mutleyfour
27th Jun 2006, 14:06
Thank you GBZ.

Skunkerama
27th Jun 2006, 14:43
Sorry, too busy playing with this blokes winky wanky woo........Hmmmmmmm very nice........