PDA

View Full Version : Meteo France Code Request

QDMQDMQDM
25th Jun 2006, 21:37
Off to France again and I note with disbelief the French still appear to want to restrict access to their aviation weather by demanding users get a code by sending in a copy of their licence. This is absurd.

The last time I went, I did go thru the rigmarole and they did send me a code but it didn't work, so I never bothered with it again. I am off in three days and won't have time to fanny about with this French bureaucracy.

Is there a kind soul on pprune who will PM me a super-secret, personal French meteo code? Of course, if this ever got out, the Western world would be in grave danger. Just imagine what would happen if anyone could get hold of the latest aviation weather?

Thanks in advance,

QDM

172driver
25th Jun 2006, 23:23
QDM

Suggest you try www.homebriefing.com. This should (haven't tried in in Frogistan I hasten to add) solve your problem. Also the good ol' standby http://euro.wx.propilots.net/ should help you along.

Tailwinds....

Flying Boat
26th Jun 2006, 10:03
Use http://www.nav2000.com

It is a french site.

Tap in ICAO Code for field.
Scroll to bottom of page, say j'accepte and hey presto all the weather info appears with a decode (in French) for those who cannot read Met.

Similar works for airfield info with maps & sometimes pictures, although the DGAC site is better for plates.

FB:ok:

Tall_guy_in_a_152
26th Jun 2006, 10:58
You need a seven digit code.
Hint:
the first digit is 1, the last is 7 and there is a simple pattern to the sequence!

skydriller
26th Jun 2006, 11:31
Off to France again and I note with disbelief the French still appear to want to restrict access to their aviation weather by demanding users get a code ..

Yes, well....

....Like the met-office site....
(which worked the first 3 times I used it and now doesnt accept my password - again!! This has happened twice before, new username/password required -again!!)

....And the AIS site......
(which churns out irrelavent NOTAMS I have to wade through and seems to only work half the time I try to log on anyway)

As someone said, its a seven digit number (your FFA membership number) and if you try a few combinations, you will eventually find one that works!! Ive PM'ed you with mine for the time being, but now they will let you Email a licence scan with your name/address etc. to [email protected] and they will send you a personal code back pronto, so much quicker.

...At least OLIVIA/SIA is freely available.

Regards, SD..

PS, Im a brit, and think the French OLIVIA/SIA/Meteo sites far superior to the UK AIS/Metoffice sites.

QDMQDMQDM
27th Jun 2006, 12:05
Thanks everyone, especially SD!