PDA

View Full Version : Soulac-sur-mer Anyone been?

Potter1
23rd Jun 2006, 12:22
Has anyone very flow down to Soulac? What's the airfield like, any tips on the surrounding areas.

Thanks,

P...

Shoestring Flyer
23rd Jun 2006, 15:02
Was there two weeks ago. Airfield easy to find, runway in good condition, AvGas available. Friendly people. Had a nice flight along the coast whilst talking to Aquitaine Info.
Dunno about the surrounding area cos I didn't leave the airfield ( Had lunch on field)

g-xvom
24th Jun 2006, 22:36
Was there last summer with my RV, stayed in town and hired a bike for a couple of days. There is some parachuting on the field with a Pilatus, but all quite relaxed. On the headland it can get windy, and there's only one runway... and the military roar up and down the coast, so check the restricted areas over the sea. Nice place for a visit: a genteel seaside resort, and a very friendly welcome. They let me use the almost empty hangar for a couple of quid a night, and the aeroclub was extremely helpful with met and flight planning.

BCS112
25th Jun 2006, 13:34
Was in Soulac 2 years ago, found the people there to be very friendly but there's not much to do on the airport except for the paradrop activity.

In fact we wanted to stay the night there but decided to continu on to Perpignon via Bordeaux and Toulouse. If you have some extra time available then I'd certainly suggest to make the extra stretch because the flight into Perpignon was breathtaking...

Björn