PDA

View Full Version : NORTH WEALD NEWS!

UV
22nd Jun 2006, 22:59
The independent panel’s report of the Examination in Public (EiP) of the draft East of England Plan was published at 2pm today.(got that?!!).

As you will be aware the Plan recommended the building of 6000 houses on North Weald Airfield.

There are, naturally, several references to NW but perhaps one of the most important is as follows:
"One distinguishing feature for NW is that the Airfield would form a major previously developed site although the full proposals being promoted by the developers Lend Lease also involve significant Greenfield land.The Airfield is currently in use, however,and a persuasive case was made for its retention for General and Business Aviation and on account of its historical value."

The Panel, in its conclusions, has, therefore, recommended excluding "growth" at NW and the consequent deletion of all policies in this respect. It also recommends a reduction in the number of houses in the Epping Forest District Council area.

These recomended amendements to the Plan now go to the Government for Consultation and, hopefully, implementation. Fingers very frimly crossed.

We will, of course, let you know the outcome, but in the mean time thanks everyone for all your support and especially to Peter Kember who's attendance at the EiP was essential.

UV
Chairman
North Weald Airfield Users Group

BRL
23rd Jun 2006, 14:11
Well done everyone behind the scenes. :ok: :ok:

AerBabe
23rd Jun 2006, 14:13
Excellent news! :ok:

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
23rd Jun 2006, 16:47
I never thought it would happen....what with all the money the government would make on the stamp duty and sundry taxes.

But fingers crossed - and I must pay my Squadron membership dues!

microlight AV8R
23rd Jun 2006, 17:54
That is good news :D

Volmet South
23rd Jun 2006, 17:57
Huzzah ! Tea and buns all round :D

Rallye Driver
23rd Jun 2006, 18:11
What great news for the 90th Anniversary year! A magnificent effort from the users group too.

RD :ok:

davidatter708
23rd Jun 2006, 21:08
Does that mean a free fly in:E