PDA

View Full Version : How Much VFR in the UK???

JS3
22nd Jun 2006, 08:53
Any help is greatly appreciated,

I am doing a commercial conversion at Cabair starting this fall. I want to know how much delays to expect due to cloudy weather.

I spent a lot of time in the UK although not in the winter, so I dont know how bad the weather really can get.

Cheers,

JS3

redbar1
22nd Jun 2006, 12:21
JS3,
Try this site:
http://www.metoffice.com/climate/uk/
Cheers
Redbar1

FlyingForFun
22nd Jun 2006, 18:16
It's a bit hit-and-miss, but probably overall good news. There are long periods when you get days of perfectly flyable weather, at just about any time of year. In fact, winter is the time of year when you get the best flying days.

The bad news is that there are times when you get a whole week or more complete weathered off. There isn't really any way of predicting when this will happen, it can be at any time of year.

Best advice is to make sure you allow yourself plenty of time for weather delays just in case, but with a bit of luck you won't need the extra time. Remember that thousands of people have done VFR courses successfully in the UK, so it's perfectly possible.

Good luck!

FFF
-------------

JS3
28th Jun 2006, 16:02
Thank you for the replies, they have been very useful so far.

Keep them coming, I would appreciate it a lot.

JS3

helicopter-redeye
28th Jun 2006, 17:52
Average of 78 days not available VFR each year, of which October is consistently the worst month.

h-r;)